Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
US$523
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$236
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$474
US$231
US$224
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$168
  • Restaurant
All reviewstaco bellcomplimentary breakfastunderground garagegreat hotelfresh fruitroom was cleanthe breakfast areatorrey pinesthe wi fismall poolconvenient locationshort driveeasy accessother hotelsbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in the Del Mar area but none come close to the quality of this Hampton Inn. From check-in to check-out you will be treated by professional, customer-friendly personal. You will feel welcomed and know that, from check-in receptionist to housekeeping staff, you matter, you count and they really care about you and your family. I stay at this Hampton several days a year and wouldn't even consider another hotel. Travel worldwide and this is the only Hotel I can truly give a Five-Star rating.

Room Tip: I have stayed in basic rooms and suites--they are all immaculate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stay at this Hampton Inn routinely; the personnel are exceptional - desk, housekeeping, breakfast prep, etc. Rooms are always clean, quiet, comfortable. There are many other hotel choices in the area but whenever I'm in the area (sometimes monthly on business) I always stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The room was clean, spacious. We had a suite, well appointed, tv in both rooms, bath in each. Checkin and out was simple, quick. Parking was convenient and adequate. Room looked like it had recently be redecorated. Internet access was a little slow to my mind, but worked well.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I almost always stay here when I come to San Diego as I have relatives nearby. I can usually get very good rates unless it's graduation time or some other special event going on. There is secure underground parking although the spaces are a bit tight. The rooms are fine and although it is near the freeway I have never had trouble sleeping.

Note that due to the reasonable cost of the hotel, it is very popular with youth sports teams. The last time I stayed there were multiple girls' soccer teams staying for the weekend which made it rather noisy. I asked to be moved to a different room due to noisy neighbors which they accommodated. Fortunateiy the girls quieted down at a reasonable hour.

Breakfast has enough options and it has actually improved since I started staying there. I think the fruit is fresh now and the juice does not taste watered down. There is the make your own waffle also. The dining room has been expanded and I've never had a problem finding space to sit.

The hotel is located near Del Mar Highlands shopping center which has just about everything you might want -- grocery store, restaurants, bookstore, shops. Village Mill there is my favorite bakery for bread and I always pick up a loaf whenever I come to town. The hotel is conveniently located near I-5 and Highway 56. It's fairly close to UCSD and La Jolla also. Hilton Garden Inn is nearby but I usually end up picking the Hampton Inn over it for the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side that doesn't face the freeway.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beware there is limited space for have breakfast in the morning, so get there early. Watch where you park, some guest may have just walked their dog. Hope the people above you know how to be respectful of those below, elephants above make a lot of noise. If you happen to visit on a day that may involve children you may want to pick another hotel, we could hear virtually everything going on around us. We have stayed at Hampton's before and this is why we have stopped visiting. We try to visit Homewood's as their rooms are almost sound proof. We once stayed in a Homewood with a family of seven next door (children & teenagers) and we never knew there was anyone even next door. At this property, we could hear the parents, next door, telling their kids to go to sleep, as if it was on the tv we were watching.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
drehobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I sincerely apologize for the noise you encountered from other guests during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and I apologize that your comfort was interrupted. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Kind Regards,