Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
US$270
US$254
US$198
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$211
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$224
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$423
  • Beachfront
All reviewstaco bellcomplimentary breakfastunderground garagegreat hotelfresh fruitroom was cleanthe breakfast areatorrey pinesthe wi fismall poolconvenient locationshort driveeasy accessother hotelsbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againfront desk staff
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I requested an early check in and was willing to take any room. Despite being a "preferred guest" I got no preferred treatment. Not 1 call to expedite a room cleanup from the reception staff. Others came in and received rooms early. Very disappointed with the wait and the lack of any effort to accommodate the request.

• Stayed: July 2014
drehobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and We are very sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted from not being able to check in early. I have taken your comments to our team and the next time you have the chance to travel back to the area I do hope that you will be our guest again.

Kind Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Hampton Inn at Del Mar/San Diego was clean, located convenient to the freeway and staffed by friendly efficient personnel. The complementary breakfast began with very good omelets and bacon along with the standard fare of self made waffles, fresh fruit, juice cereal, etc. On successive days the egg servings became less tasteful. Overall the Hampton exceeded expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Checked in late and out early but was very satisfied with ease of check-in/out and cleanliness of room. Lobby was bright and welcoming. Complimentary breakfast was unexpected surprise and was perfect for fast eat on go or sit and visit with family. Also very satisfied with accommodation to my last minute change in schedule.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel on business for three days. I planned to have fun in San Diego at night and work during the day. Which didn't happen because of this hotel.

Pros:
-Location/San Diego Weather (Love SD!)
-Bathroom Refills
-Timely Wake up calls
-Air Conditioning
-Free Underground Parking
-Beautiful Looking Room

Cons:
- Awful Customer Service
- Unsanitary Service
- Lots of Noises/ Thin Walls/Lock Out
- Loud Neighbors
- Loud Air Conditioning Unit
- Weird Shower
- Lots of Exterior Lighting
- Full Parking Lot
- Not A Good Value/Expensive

Ok. So I stayed in this hotel for business and my boss told me to stay here because it was "inexpensive" (yes, cheap for Del Mar area) and "good location to our workplace." I disagree, for the $160 a night plus taxes i could have been staying at a Motel 6 and probably received better service! (that might be harsh- but I have stayed at a few other hotels that were better in SD) I'll keep this as short as possible, while still trying to explain all. Next time I will stay in downtown San Diego area or hotel circle on the fashion valley mall side!

Horrible Thin Walls: I couldn't sleep but four hours a night because of all the noises and exterior lighting! I went to bed at 9:30/10:00ish each night and woke up exactly at 1:30 to weird /loud noises. I was on the third floor and I had a room that had two walls to the outside of the hotel with no one on two sides. Also, do not get a room with a door lockout! I had a room with kids next to me one night and there were kids playing basketball in the Hallway at 1:30 am (Really?) and the next night the person above me was watching tv (not that loudly - guess they couldn't sleep either!) and i could hear it. That compiled with the loud air conditioning unit popping on and off constantly (Also, I wasn't sure how to adjust it properly - because there were no instructions - Maybe this is just me.) On the plus side, during the many hours when i could have been asleep. I was able to iron all my clothes and I came up with a new book idea about a woman on a business trip who gets awaken in the middle of the night and haunted by her own ghost.

Unsanitary Service: Of the three nights I stayed there, something was wrong each time I came back to my room. There was an extra used pillowcase laying on the dresser - Gross! Coffee maker hadn't been cleaned out the next day and worst of all the third day the bathroom floor had some thing on it. YUCK!

Room Tip: Do not get a door with a lockout!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmieJoy
drehobl, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and I’m sorry you weren’t able to receive the sleep you deserve. Your review will assist in correcting similar noise issues for guests in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Always like the Hampton Inn for their great service and the free breakfast. The location is great close to the highway but not noisy. We got a room on the fourth floor, with clean and comfortable beds. Over the weekend the breakfast room got a little crowded, but there is still space in the lobby to sit down. Great to find parking space either in the garage or outside, they pointed out to us that they even offer Hilton Diamond member parking. The fitness room is small, but enough for your daily cardio. We definitely would come back if we need a place in Del Mar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and the ice machine
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family