I booked for 7 nights through online portal as it was a budget hotel with close proximity to local transport in San Diego. On check-in, the front desk staff James was courteous. and I thought I will give them Very good to excellent rating. But I was wrong
the room though neat and big had bad carpet and the bathtub was discolored by stains. No drinking water was provided. Worst was to come. Though mentioned on the website about microwave, none was available in the room. As coming from India and not used to nonveg food I had got my ready to eat stuff which needed a microwave or boiling water. At night the person was hesitant to use the microwave and when he did, he gave back cold packet saying the machine is out of order. the next day I was handed a small tub of hot water. i had to throw away all the food stuff as it was useless without proper boiled water or microwave and had to settle for veg burgers.
The room light lamps were such that the light was inadequate for reading. When viewing the TV the light reflected on screen.
The AC had a heater option which did not work.
Overall if one needs to just sleep and go to work, this is a good budget hotel near Old Town transit station. Beware of rooms with bad carpet as there may be insects or bugs(thankfully I did not see any)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GOOD NITE INN near SEAWORLD HAS NEW LOOK! 146 Renovated Guestrooms featuring a Stylish, modern decor with King or Two Queen beds Enjoy a Good Nite Stay at our 100% Smoke Free Hotel! 40 inch flat screen TV with over 60 channels complimentary WiFi mini-refrigerator Hairdryer, Iron, and ironing board *Free morning coffee, and tea is located in the lobby. Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld offers genuine hospitality, and warmth while offering easy access to the city’s premier attractions, including the San Diego Zoo, the Gaslamp Quarter and the San Diego Convention Center. Good Nite Inn is centrally located in the Valley View Casino Center area, only 4 miles from San Diego Int’l Airport, and minutes away from SeaWorld Park, Old Town, Mission Bay, and Marine Corps Recruit Depot – MCRD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Hotel San Diego
- Good Nite Hotel Sea World
- Good Nite San Diego