“Great Service”
Review of Hotel Point Loma

Hotel Point Loma
Ranked #207 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The location was great. Close to everything.
Room was clean.
Staff was above par in their service. Rose made us feel comfortable and welcomed. She gave us the "home away from home" service.
Thanks Rose!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Found myself in a bind for personal reasons, called to book room and was immediately put at ease by Rose. She was absolutely professional, friendly, upbeat,and offered very competitive rate, upgraded my room and showed me around the area and made recommendations of local restaurants to visit.
The room is beautiful and very comfortable not at all like at typical" motel" room, but rather a room at home. I will definitely will be back and highly recommend Point Loma Inn to anyone looking for a cozy, warm and peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank cher1977
Reviewed 15 October 2013

For less than $45, this place is good value. You are walking distance from Shelter Island where Humphrey's and Bali Hai are. I mean this isn't a place I would want a boyfriend to take me, but for just a place to sleep it was fine. It's definitely a motel and looks it from the outside (fake AstroTurf and fake flowers out front...)

Pros-
- was less than $45 with AAA discount (made a reservation 1 night in advance)
- my room itself was comfortable and renovated with fridge and microwave
- location is excellent
- good shower

Cons-
- very thin walls as I could hear the person next door going through pill bottles and causing an explosion in the bathroom
- they photocopy your credit card and driver's license... if there are charges that you never made after you checked out, someone here is using your info (I have NEVER had a hotel xerox my information!!)
- wifi signal was awful. It worked for maybe 20 minutes and then no signal
- breakfast sucked; they have a tiny table in the "lobby" with coffee, orange juice, prepackaged danishes, and hard boiled eggs. that's it
- parking lot is tiny and is a nightmare; street parking sucks

I would have no problems staying here again for a night or 2.

For my case I spent the day in San Diego at the Hyatt's pool and spa (thanks Travel Zoo!), checked in, went to Point Loma Seafoods, returned to room, and did school work. Next day checked out by 9AM.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gafiltafish
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very disappointed in the room and kitchenette, Much smaller than in picture. We were promised a pull out sofa for our grandson and we just got a regular sofa which had holes in it. Just one chair, lack of dishes, glasses and cutlery. After complaining all we got was styrofoam dishes which cannot be used in a microwave. So we went out and got our own.
We were finally given a rollaway bed which could not properly fit in such a small room.
When we checked out we reported again our disatisfaction which was recorded and passed on finally to the manager-Vicky Patel.
After we arrived home in Arizona Vicky called and I relayed again the complaints. Initially she was very inresponsive and in fact blamed me for not pursuing our complaints harder while we were there. She finally agreed to check our complaints out and then see what she could do to compensate us. She committed to getting back to us by end of day Saturday but as of Monday no response has been made.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Monica was a fantastic host. Not only was she helpful and exceedingly pleasant she is also a beautiful young lady. Good restaurants and public transportation in walking distance. Main negative was the sofa bed. My brother chose to sleep on the floor instead of that so don't count on using it instead of a double bed room.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Im from LA and everytime i go to san diego to work that is my place to stay the rooms are very clean and the personnel is very friendly they make my check in easy and fast to get some rest and the place is small but its perfect i love it and its located in a perfect place where everything i need is Close by

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hi, I would like to advice this motel. it is located very central and it is good an cheap 50-60$. The staff is very friendly, especially Monica helped us a lot to organise our things. Around that motel are diners and small shops and it has a bus station nearby. It is also not far away from the airport. We will come back. Cheers Gordian

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple