“Very good and inexpensive stay”

Premier Inns Mission Valley
Ranked #228 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I've stayed at the hotel for 2 nights before moving to conference hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel: quite a spacy rooms, clean, coffee maker in room, convenient and clean bathroom. Additional plus - large parking with no problem to find an empty space. The location is quite convenient (if you have a car), it's just a short drive to the downtown or an airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. The price was outstanding - just $115/2 nights (though I think I was lucky to catch this price during some promotion).
The only small minus for me was quite strong smell of deodorant they used while cleaned the room, but this was quite a minor inconvenience.
So if you could get it at decent price - I definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Ok, the check in is as slow as ever and my room is on the third floor. There is an elevator, but we walk up and down.
My dog stayed free and the advance AAA/AARP rate was $31.50 plus tax. You cannot beat that for the quality and location of this motel.
Close to Sea World and Dog Beach and Ocean Beach tourist area. The amusement park is right across the bridge.

The room had a micro and refrigerator and nice soaps and shampoos. Clean carpet as was everything in the room. Great bed.

Fantastic Steakhouse around the corner.....upscale.
Go to Albies Beef Inn in the Travelodge across the highway and a little to the left for happy hour. Most reasonable drinks in San Diego AND free food. I was there on a Monday night and it was spaghetti and meatballs, ham sandwiches, and chips and salsa. The old time bartenders can mix any of the old fashioned cocktails you can remember. There is also a live piano or guitar player most evenings.

Room Tip: Reserve your room at the EZ 8 motel site or google Premier Inn San Diego to get to that site as they...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I wanted to write this review a few weeks ago, but I misplaced my receipt with the young lady's name on it. I found it! I made the reservation over the phone with Ivory who was very helpful in answering all my questions and telling me about the local sites to visit. When I checked in I was happy to see that Ivory was there. She was warm and greeted me and my children as I she knew us forever. She made me feel at home and welcomed. The rooms were clean and I look forward to coming again. Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Miscast
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stopped in for two nights & I want to say “impressive staff”. My son is highly allergic to several things & has asthma so when we checked into our room, it had a ‘funny smell’, I could tell it was clean but I was afraid to risk it so I went back to the office & explained to the front desk; they immediately changed our room without hesitation (2 lovely ladies was working, one was in training & she had my son laughing, he is shy so that is a task ). All of the staff was friendly & smiled (made me feel welcome); I enjoyed talking to Marlynn (housekeeping), she is nice & made sure we had everything we needed BUT after ‘meeting’ the manager, Tami, I understand why the staff is so great! She called our room a couple hours after we checked in, she asked if our room ok & wanted to know if my son was doing ok! I could not believe she took time to call & express concern, she explained her son had asthma & wanted to make sure my son wasn’t having any problems, she was professional but friendly! They say the staff represents the boss, well, in this case, it is very true! I was also happy about the clean room & carpet (my son walked around with bare feet & socks & the bottoms was clean; that doesn’t happen very often in hotels)! Not so happy about the break down of the elevator but all in all a great stay; we will be back in July for Comic Con, see you all then!!

Room Tip: our 4th floor room was great, enjoyed overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beverly J
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Thank you so much Ivory Bailey..... I booked this hotel at last minute for me and my kids and Ms Bailey helped me out she knew where all the hotspots where. Ms. Bailey provide with excellent customer service. She even gave me a history lesson on San Diego... I cant wait to back to the Premier next year.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank llewis0547
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We traveled with our dog and were very pleased with the experience. We were able to check in at noon, and everything was fine. Room was very clean, carpet appeared to be new, no annoying smells, no road noise, beds were comfortable, front desk and house keeping were very accommodating, nice size room, separate vanity and shower. Enjoyed the spa, minutes from attractions, didn't have a need to use the AC/heater. We stayed here for the pet friendly policy (only saw one other dog during our stay), but would definitely stay here even without our pet!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I had to be in San Diego on business & it happened to be on a weekend when an event was going on, I called a couple of places but no vacancy so I called Premier Inns & the front desk girl (Celesha) was so sweet she had me hooked from the start. When I arrived my room was not ready; she explained check out time was only an hour ago & they will get me into a room asap, so I got 'checked in' & by the time I was finished they had a room ready for me (awesome service)! The room smelled fresh & I could tell it was just cleaned; my bed was comfortable & other than a little noise from outside hallway, my stay was nice! This will be my 'San Diego hotel'!! And I will recommend!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business