“Pleasantly surprised!”

Premier Inns Mission Valley
Ranked #221 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I read some pretty bad reviews about this place so I wasn't expecting much. But to my surprise this hotel was way beyond what I anticipated. The room was spacious and clean. There was 24 hour security so I felt completely safe. You had to use your card key to access the stairs and elevator which I thought was an added bonus. It was quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you're on a tight budget as it was very inexpensive. The reason for the 4 instead of 5 is it would have been nice if a Continental breakfast had been offered or even a coffee pot in the room. Otherwise, great place for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz G

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is one of the worst motels I have ever checked into, so bad when we saw the rooms, we checked out. Bed was lumpy, and very old. The room was so filled with chemicals, which I assume they clean with, it irritated my our skin. There was a hole is the 3rd floor balcony (covered by a rug). Staying in your car would be a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ump11
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I can't complain too much since this hotel was WAY cheaper than any other hotel in the area. While this hotel is older and out dated, it was clean and that is a good thing for sure. There were some very interesting characters staying there over the weekend, during the week was a much better experience. While I can't say this was an excellent place to stay, it wasn't really all that bad. If you are there in the summer and stay on the end near the ball fields you can see Sea World's fireworks each night. The location was close to everything we were in California for, the beach, the airport, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. We also were very close to Old Town which was nice. I felt better that the parking lot had a security guard since there were some very questionable people coming in and out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy A
Reviewed 11 August 2013

of our entire trip through the westcoast this hotel was by far the worst. the entire hotel is extremely worn down and in desperite need of a makeover. the windows didn close properly and everything was just old and ugly. But the worst thing was yet to come, the black young woman at the front desk who doesnt really care wheter you stay with them, or somewere else, makes for a real party. when my girlfriend stood against a just painted wall, without ANY warming signs, ruiining her dress, her reaction was: i'm not gonna put a sign on there and the ruïned dress was her own problem. I'm glad i have never experienced something like this before, and hopefully in the future i will also never again. take my advice: don't go there!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Arjan D
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I've stayed at the hotel for 2 nights before moving to conference hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel: quite a spacy rooms, clean, coffee maker in room, convenient and clean bathroom. Additional plus - large parking with no problem to find an empty space. The location is quite convenient (if you have a car), it's just a short drive to the downtown or an airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. The price was outstanding - just $115/2 nights (though I think I was lucky to catch this price during some promotion).
The only small minus for me was quite strong smell of deodorant they used while cleaned the room, but this was quite a minor inconvenience.
So if you could get it at decent price - I definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Ok, the check in is as slow as ever and my room is on the third floor. There is an elevator, but we walk up and down.
My dog stayed free and the advance AAA/AARP rate was $31.50 plus tax. You cannot beat that for the quality and location of this motel.
Close to Sea World and Dog Beach and Ocean Beach tourist area. The amusement park is right across the bridge.

The room had a micro and refrigerator and nice soaps and shampoos. Clean carpet as was everything in the room. Great bed.

Fantastic Steakhouse around the corner.....upscale.
Go to Albies Beef Inn in the Travelodge across the highway and a little to the left for happy hour. Most reasonable drinks in San Diego AND free food. I was there on a Monday night and it was spaghetti and meatballs, ham sandwiches, and chips and salsa. The old time bartenders can mix any of the old fashioned cocktails you can remember. There is also a live piano or guitar player most evenings.

Room Tip: Reserve your room at the EZ 8 motel site or google Premier Inn San Diego to get to that site as they...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I wanted to write this review a few weeks ago, but I misplaced my receipt with the young lady's name on it. I found it! I made the reservation over the phone with Ivory who was very helpful in answering all my questions and telling me about the local sites to visit. When I checked in I was happy to see that Ivory was there. She was warm and greeted me and my children as I she knew us forever. She made me feel at home and welcomed. The rooms were clean and I look forward to coming again. Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2013