“Worked for us”

Ranked #222 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, AZ
“Worked for us”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Like the convenient location being near sea world. The parking lot is quite small and can be difficult to navigate. The rooms were average, small, everything worked ok. We cant complain about the accommodations for the price and location. The staff was helpful and courteous, helped me get what I needed at nearby stores. It is right off the highway, so there is some noise. Had difficulty finding the ice vending machine. Its no frills and that's what they advertise, so you get what you expect.

Room Tip: Room in the back are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hearic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

These reviews on this hotel crack me up, its really not that bad. Ask yourself before booking here...

If you pay $1 for a burger or $10 for a "steak", do you expect organic, antibiotic free, grass-fed USDA Prime beef?

If you buy a 5 Liter Box of Franzia red wine for $7...do you expect it taste like a $100 bottle of French Bordeaux?

If you pay $11000 for a Chevy Spark, do expect it to come with leather seats, sunroof, Navigation, blue tooth, pushkey ignition, automatic transmission, hybrid engine, quiet cabin, smooth ride and go from 0-60 in under 5 seconds?

If you pay $50/night for a hotel room, do you expect it to come with a Tempurpedic bed, 600 thread count Egyptian sheets, Crabtree Evylen toiletries, 42' LCD TV, bathrobes, Full Service Spa, Concierge, and twice-daily maid service?

This place was $50 a night during Fourth of July weekend...for that price on a big holiday weekend my out-of-town friends and I were satisified with its size, cleanliness, 24hr security guard, and decent beds. Look people, its $50 night, you get what you pay for...

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank John P
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband, in-laws and I went on vacation to San Diego. We wanted cheap hotels so we'd have more money to spend on other things. The hotel was kind of hard to find at first but once we found it, we never got lost again. The security guard was very helpful.

We didn't know where the elevator was so my husband and I ran up to the 4th floor with the first couple bags. Then my in-laws found the elevator and we took the slowest elevator ever up. I never took that elevator again!

The rooms were good enough. Coffee maker and refrigerator. The bed was soft and comfortable. It's good enough for place to sleep.

We stayed two nights. The elevator got stuck on the first floor when my in-laws went down so we had to take the rest of our bags down the stairs. Oh well.

Next time we'll stay at the comfort inn across the street. They have continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Natasha C
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I read some pretty bad reviews about this place so I wasn't expecting much. But to my surprise this hotel was way beyond what I anticipated. The room was spacious and clean. There was 24 hour security so I felt completely safe. You had to use your card key to access the stairs and elevator which I thought was an added bonus. It was quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you're on a tight budget as it was very inexpensive. The reason for the 4 instead of 5 is it would have been nice if a Continental breakfast had been offered or even a coffee pot in the room. Otherwise, great place for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz G
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is one of the worst motels I have ever checked into, so bad when we saw the rooms, we checked out. Bed was lumpy, and very old. The room was so filled with chemicals, which I assume they clean with, it irritated my our skin. There was a hole is the 3rd floor balcony (covered by a rug). Staying in your car would be a better experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ump11

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I can't complain too much since this hotel was WAY cheaper than any other hotel in the area. While this hotel is older and out dated, it was clean and that is a good thing for sure. There were some very interesting characters staying there over the weekend, during the week was a much better experience. While I can't say this was an excellent place to stay, it wasn't really all that bad. If you are there in the summer and stay on the end near the ball fields you can see Sea World's fireworks each night. The location was close to everything we were in California for, the beach, the airport, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. We also were very close to Old Town which was nice. I felt better that the parking lot had a security guard since there were some very questionable people coming in and out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacy A
Reviewed 11 August 2013

of our entire trip through the westcoast this hotel was by far the worst. the entire hotel is extremely worn down and in desperite need of a makeover. the windows didn close properly and everything was just old and ugly. But the worst thing was yet to come, the black young woman at the front desk who doesnt really care wheter you stay with them, or somewere else, makes for a real party. when my girlfriend stood against a just painted wall, without ANY warming signs, ruiining her dress, her reaction was: i'm not gonna put a sign on there and the ruïned dress was her own problem. I'm glad i have never experienced something like this before, and hopefully in the future i will also never again. take my advice: don't go there!

• Stayed August 2013