“Sleaze is the name of the game! Don't ever stay here!”

Premier Inns Mission Valley
Ranked #221 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
California
“Sleaze is the name of the game! Don't ever stay here!”
Reviewed 26 March 2009

The AAA approved Premier Inn(San Diego) was clean, as advertised, but not particularly safe(3 policemen came and arrested an individual while we were staying there. In addition, the smoking in the hallway by individuals was not to our liking, and finally, it took three tries to get checked in.

We were first told by phone(before we began the trip) that checkin in is between 2 and 3 pm. I indicated we would arrive a bit before two. We were told we would have to wait for that bit of time. We arrived, and attempted to check in at about 2:30-NO ROOMS WERE READY. We were then told by the toothless woman at the reception desk that rooms would be ready about 3:30 or 4. I indicated that we were not happy and had an elderly person with us who needed to rest, but agreed to come back then. Thankfully, I called ahead again and was told NO ROOMS WERE READY at 3:45 ish.

Finally, 2 of the 4 rooms were available at about 4:15, a little more than an hour before our event at 6pm. The next two rooms became available shortly after that-the young lady who handled the check in at that time was professional. The arrest, however was upsetting to two of my party who were in the office drinking coffee Saturday morning. I plan to go to San Diego again, but with what happened at Premier Inn, I am not convinced that is the place to stay.

Office staff was hit and miss-a tooth-challenged, poorly groomed woman was almost helpless as a front desk person and not personable or friendly, while the replacement woman later in the day was professional. The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, including-NO child friendly beverages, only sweets, no proteins. Parking was almost non-existent, and the hotel should NOT be a AAA club recommended location. Even at appx. $55/night per room, my money was not well spent. I requested a refund upon my return from our event, and am STILL WAITING!

Still waiting for a refund, after 3 complaints-one to the desk about slow availabilty of rooms to be ready, one to the reservation company, and one to corporate of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank debbisio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I run a small business and I required internet services while on this trip.
Two of us checked in the hotel at 3pm and we paid for five nights.

We were unable to connect to wifi services as advertised.

The front desk and management was not concerned that there was no wifi,.

The front desk gave us a telephone number to contact the internet provider; after many calls, each contact we were told we would be contacted back within the hour, however none of our calls were ever returned.

We finally checked out the following day and found a hotel that did in fact provide wifi internet service.

If you need wifi / internet service during your stay in San Diego then do not expect to receive this advertised service at this hotel; This advertised service is simply a lie as of this review.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — They advertise wifi internet service in each room however we were unable to connect and checked out the following day.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank eZWest

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Southern California
Reviewed 8 October 2007

We took a short weekend trip to San Diego recently and stayed at the Premier Inn. It is right next door to Holiday Inn Express and half the price! Our room was not huge but it was clean and neat. Who needs a huge room anyway? The beds were comfortable and we did not have problems with noise from other guests. Tried the spa. Everything was great considering price and location. Lots of taco shops and close to grocery stores and restaurants. Right across the bay from Sea World.

Stayed March 2007
5 Thank happygirl1_7
Reno Nevada
Reviewed 25 July 2006

The staff at this location ran my credit card through in error. In order to get this problem resolved it has taken numerous phone call to the local office and then passed onto the Corporate office, which I am still waiting for a return call. You are not treated like a person, they are very rude and not helpful with the resolution to the problem. I will never stay at a Premier Inn again. They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank bettid57
Reviewed 15 August 2005

This hotel looks really seedy from the outside – but for $51.91 a night during the summer in San Diego - what did I expect ($174 AAA rate for 3 nights included taxes)!! I didn’t plan to spend much time in this hotel. We only had a 3 nights stay with plans of visiting Tijuana, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. The rooms were supper small, but I will admit clean. The walls and floors must be paper-thin because you can hear as the people above walk. Out of all days to visit this hotel we pick the weekend that tween boys (ages 8 –12) were checked in for a baseball game. One evening it was so bad – I walked downstairs to complain to the front desk to find 3 other families there with the same complaint. The front desk took off 20% for our stay. The hotel has a gate around it because there apparently is wildlife roaming around. I didn’t see any wildlife – but I wasn’t look either. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub. It’s located on one end of many hotels in this hotel circle. Their continental breakfast was only muffins and coffee, so we passed. I was a little disappointed that there were not many restaurants in this area – which was a shock considering so many hotels are around. There is a mall about 2 miles away (called Fashion Mall – I think). It was a really nice mall with many name brand stores and restaurants. The hotel website pictures are accurate and up to date, so if you are satisfied with the online pictures you’ll like it here!!! ----

• Stayed July 2005