Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$194
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$347
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$190
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$183
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$179
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$245
US$162
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$325
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrosecrans streetbudget hotelcoffee makerfree wifismoking roomextra towelspool areaspacious rooma wonderful staymicrowavecheckinmaidtrolley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed this property for 1 day last month. I apologize for my late post as I have been travelling on business, and have not been able to sit down and write about my awful experience at this Motel.

First, at check-in, I felt as though I was a burden to the staff. Although I was greeted it did not seem very genuine or heartfelt. It was no doubt a fake hello and did not go much farther than that. Ordinarily I wouldn't expect 5 diamond service at a cheap motel, but I gave this place a try because of the positive reviews on this site. I guess I just hyped up an standard cheap motel in my mind to be something more than it could be.

Secondly, the room was crap, although again I suppose this was because I hyped the property up too much in my mind. When booking a cheap motel I suppose I should have expected hairs on my pillow and sheets and pubs in the bathroom.

Thirdly, and most importantly, I will say that management was petty to say the least, and does not value their guests. I called the front desk to voice my concerns about the cleanliness of my room and speak with the manager and was told the manager would either call me back, or come to my room. 2 hours later neither happened. I called again and was told the manager had left for the day. No sorry, no let me find you a new room, no ill send someone up in a biohazard suit to remove the pubs from your room- nothing. I never thought I would be able to say this, but management is definitely not qualified to run this motel- not sure how anyone could be not qualified to run this crap hole but nonetheless I was surprised again.

I wanted to close with a message for Mr. Johannsen. I applaud your dedication in responding to your guest's reviews. That being said do not bother using your standard cut and paste response to this review. If I wasn't worth your time while I was a guest at your property, I am surely not worth your time now.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank PhillysFinest156
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

I am sorry to hear u had a bad experience with us but I was never told of this whatsoever. I hope u will contact me on who u spoke to about your complaints so I can prevent this. I do value my guests if not I wouldn't have awesome reviews & would not be the GM of award winning ABVI Loma lodge. I hope u will contact me.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed one night in Mid Sep 2013. The price was exceptionally good, especially given the prime location - both near the Airport; MCRD; and and directly on Rosecrans - the primary street out to Point Loma - one of the most beautiful areas of San Diego. The rooms are a tad bit smaller than some of the newer/larger hotels - but hey you are paying a third or even a fourth of the price. The rooms are clean, the AC works well AND the windows open and provide great ventilation on those MANY San DIego days when you just want to enjoy the fresh air.
The Staff is exceptional - I left via the Airport the next morning, and realized when I got home that I had left the charger for my laptop in the room. I called the staff at the Loma Lodge, and they recovered my charger AND shipped it back to me in Alaska - NO CHARGE...Now that IS Customer Service to be proud of.

Room Tip: I liked my upstairs room facing away from Rosecrans - but seriously they are most likely all fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Randy H
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

On behalf of myself & my staff we thank you for your awesome review and are pleased we made your stay the best. I am also glad you got your cord back & it was my pleasure to send to you. We hope when you travel to San Diego again we will be your choice for accommodations. Thanks again for the nice review. Brian Johannsen General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful we book our tour on there computer, the bed was soft and the little frig more than adequate room was supper clean and smelled nice coffee and muffin in the morning to. We went on a tour of the USS Midway, walk around the san sculptures on the tour dock. From the lodge we walk to breakfast and dinner, the pool was clean and refreshing! thanks to the friendly staff for an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: number 11 is pool side room, park at front door. Friendly area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

On behalf of my staff we thank you for the very nice review & if back again please be our guest again. Thanks! Brian Johannsen General Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a great stay at a great price! the room was clean and the bed was amazing! I had one of the best nights sleep in years! my boyfriend and i celebrated his birthday here and he loved it. the wifi was fast as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ricardo e
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review & it pleases me very much that you stay was excellent & you had a great night's sleep. Thanks for staying with us! Brian Johannsen GM

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had a great experience here. The staff was uniformly cheerful and helpful. It was an excellent, economical visit. The small inconveniences (noted in other reviews) were more than compensated for by the great location (so central to all the fun places, beaches, etc.) and the positive vibes that the staff radiates. I somehow managed to leave my cell phone behind and the manager graciously mailed it along to me - the cell phone actually arrived home before we did! The place showed me that even travelers on a budget can have a quality experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west will have less street noise to deal with
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the nice review & we are so glad you got your phone back :) Hope we will have your business one day again. Thanks for staying with us! Brian Johannsen GM