Located on Hotel Circle, this hotel is on the margin of getting a "very good" from me.
The good things are that the rooms all open on secure, interior hallways. There's just one elevator and to get to it, you have to pass the front desk. All the other doors are locked and accessible only with a room key.
Next, there's free internet, free parking, and decent rooms with a kitchenette. No big frills, but nice to have. There is an ironing board, hair dryer, etc., convenient plugs for you electronics, and all the necessities you might need.
Spacious. Windows that open. Plenty of lighting. Nice-sized bath. Very reasonably priced, even on walk-up with no reservation.
Now to get the "very good" I'd love to give this place it needs just a few things. The trash cans need to be emptied more often on the exterior and the elevator could use a good wipe-down. Blankets should be inspected for holes and carpet replaced when worn.
That's it! Otherwise, it's a nice place!
Keep in mind that I had a smoking room - I don't smoke but that's all they had. It smelled (amazingly) fresh so I took it but there were burns in the carpet and around the bathroom sink. If I were this hotel, I'd ban the smokers to the outside like most places do. To each his own, though.
The area is hotel circle. I find the area inexpensive but otherwise unattractive. It's right on the freeway, as are all the hotels in the area.
On the other hand, it's just down the hill from Hillcrest, near the Fashion Valley Mall, and just minutes from downtown and the airport.
I liked this place because it didn't pretend to be something it's not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking Fee: $15 daily $5 per day for stays over 7 nights Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites San Diego / Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Homestead Suites San Diego
- Homestead San Diego
- Extended Stay America San Diego
- San Diego Homestead Suites