“great place to stay”

Ranked #221 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The staff is very professional and friendly. The room and ground is clean and well maintained. Would definitely recommend this place especially if you are staying for awhile as there is a kitchen and very centrally located. No complaints from me.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 129KCC
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an excellent review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you would recommend our property to other travellers. Additionally, it's great to hear that the associates were friendly during your stay. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in San Diego.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rosarito, Mexico
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We chose this property because of the location and because it has a kitchen, which is always good with a small child so we can feed him properly. Reservation and check in staff were helpful. But upon entering, the room smelled musty and after two nights, every time I came in from outside, I felt stifled and could not wait to get out. The room is quite small when you have the sofa bed extended, basically a regular hotel room with kitchen facilities (no complaints on the kitchen, it includes a double burner, a pot and skillet and enough plates and utensils, and I am sure we could have gotten more if needed so it worked fine for a rotisserie chicken and veggies from nearby supermarket.) We left today and my neck and body aches and I am so tired from not getting a good night's sleep, mainly because of the horrible pillows, flat flat flat. My husband hated the sheets. A great or a bad bed can totally make or break your stay at any hotel. Overall not a great stay for the price, it ended up almost $100 per night with taxes, compared to regular hotels with good ratings but no kitchen for half that price this time of year. Coffee and breakfast items available in the lobby were appreciated.

Room Tip: I had been told a corner room was larger with a divider, but our corner room did not have that, mayb...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that our beds did not provide a quality night's sleep for you. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our maintenance and housekeeping department to improve our bedding. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me (James) directly, at jburpo@extendedstay.com or Amon at amurti@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed 1 December 2012

horrible, moldy, dirty. they don't do housekeeping until after 1 week. no coffee in room. horrible, horrible, horrible. TV kept turning off. Bulbs burned out. Dishes were dirty.

noisy. Bed was hard. Doors slammed. It is not a good value. I would not stay here even if free

Room Tip: Donot stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The room cleanliness issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am working with the management to ensure that every room is inspected by management everyday so that the issues you described do not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me (James) at jburpo@extendedstay.com or Amon at amurti@extendedstay.com.
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Most of the Extended Stay hotels are very similar and predictable. The modern kitchenette is such a bonus for us. We bring our favorite drinks and snacks and really save money and feel at home by doing so. It is in a quiet location above the Ralph's shopping center, a bit of work to find it the first time, check google maps in detail if you are a first time user of this property. It was very clean and very reasonably priced. Most of the usual group discounts apply, so be sure to ask for them. Also joining their rewards club was smart because they don't flood me with emails, but a few times a year I get notices of additional discounts at all locations.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fellow-Travelor
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you find our kitchens useful during your travels and that we were able to provide a clean and quiet room to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Hotel has been recently updated, "Love the granite tops in kitchenette"! Hotel manager and staff are very friendly and always trying to make your stay a success. If you are in their area, I suggest giving them a chance to meet your needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the building are more convenient to parking.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert D
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our recent renovation including the granite countertops. Additionally, thank you very much for the kind words regarding our management and staff, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Moorpark, CA
Reviewed 30 September 2012

you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget, and do not expect much, this is the place for you. You will get a low budget room, matress, bedding, carpeting, service, and a poor excuse for a breakfast (coffiee and a small, plastic wrapped danish or granola bar) on a cart across from the check in/out counter. Dont be surprised

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the quality of your stay was not acceptable specifically the service and quality of the room furnishings. In response to your feedback, I am have our management team look at the quality of carpet and change it where necessary, additionally, we will address service training immediately to improve upon the experience you had. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate yo letting us know about your expereice. I invite you to contact me at jburpo@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments that we can bring to our staff's attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have stayed by myself and with my family and I have had a great experience. The rooms are very clean and the kitchenets are well stocked all you need is foof to cook. I would recomened Extended to everyone.

Room Tip: reserved ahead, they are very busy.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.