“Great value for money”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
Ranked #230 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Having a kitchen in your room makes a stay so much easier. It is great value for money, reasonable standard, free parking (and a lot of it) - I would definitely stay here again. WiFi could be faster. It is a good location, easy access to freeways.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your positive comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen. As well, it is great to know that our hotel's location was ideal for your travels.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights last week, Nov. 7-9. First thing I will say is that the young ladies working at the front desk were polite and very nice and helpful. They were definitely the highlight of our stay.
I want you to know that this is the first negative review I have done on tripadvisor. I try to do only good reviews but this stay was the worst. The quality of the rooms were terrible. Hole in the door, stained carpets, filthy bathroom floors and on and on. I know this isn't a high-end hotel, but I've paid less for rooms that were at least clean. After one shower, the bath mat was stained brown from the filth on the floor. To top it off, the dresser by the bed was covered with whiskers from someone shaving in the mirror that had not even been cleaned off after the last people that stayed there. Filthy!!! I will never stay at an Extended Stay America ever again, anywhere.

Room Tip: I'll I can say is take a good look at your room before you pay!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I happy to read that our front desk staff provied great customer service during your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not thoroughly cleaned. To prevent this from happening again, my team and myself are being more productive in assuring all rooms are clean upon arrival .

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mvl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

First the entry keys were done incorrectly by the clerk who was busy talking in Spanish to a lady that came in after us. Next there was a minimal amount of toilet paper on the roll, and when that was gone (needed after a BM), there were no replacement rolls. Two of the lights were burned out and needed replacement. The dishes and silverware were incomplete and we had someone come over to bring them up to the proper level. There was no dishtowel.Where the tub/shower wall met the tub, there were open cracks in the joint..... have no idea how much water went where it shouldn't. At breakfast one day (half-hour before closing) two of the three coffees were missing, and the oatmeal choice was only one type, and we took the last two packs of those. The office had no one there to help us at one point, and they had a sign back on the back counter that said they were gone for 10 minutes.. We have stayed here before, but will never return!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank l s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being thoroughly coached on customer services, cleanliness and to insure that all rooms are maintenance free.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mvl@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I used PriceLine to book this room. I got a very very good rate and was not expecting much. My stay was for 8 days total.

Location was good and the hotel area during our stay was very quiet even though the hotel appeared quite full as the parking lots were very full.

Kitchen was clean, though I did not use it other than the fridge. Linens were clean. Housekeeping was great and it was explained that it was only once per week. This is fine with me as I usually decline daily housekeeping in other hotels as I like to sleep in and find that I dont usually need it.

Bed was okay, not the most comfortable but not like a prison bed or anything.

Pros were the location that was off the freeway, which was what I was looking for. And close to shopping and food. Coffee and snacks in the a.m. were nice if not fancy. Free Parking and free very basic WiFi.

Cons, it was a bit hard to find without a map. Weird closet corner thingy with few hangers.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great bargain for a long term stay when you need basic housing without the frills.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Susan - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our location was s bit hard to find, but glad you did like our hotel overall and found your room to be clean. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and are glad they were able to assist you.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mvl@extendedstay.com. We hope to see you at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I recently stayed at this location.
The room was clean, with the usually extended stay amenities
Friendly service when checking in.
Free to go breakfast and coffee.
Quiet location, with close by restaurants and a full list of local attractions furnished at check in.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our location was able to accommodate your needs while here. I'm glad to hear that we where also able to provide you with a clean and quite guest room. Also, I am pleased you enjoyed our free grab-and-go breakfast each morning.

Again thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had a great experience staying at this place. I needed a temporary place to stay and Pavel and Oscar the 2 gentlemen at the front desk were very helpful. They answered all my questions and always had extra towels available. The location is perfect and noise level decent. The price is great too! The maid service does a great job in cleaning your room and the whole staff was always available if I needed help. Extra thanks to Pavel for making me feel welcome here. He is a great employee. If you are visiting san diego, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property and staff. I'm so pleased to hear that Pavel and Oscar where both very helpful during your stay. We strive to be our best and make every guest have the home away from home experience. Also, I am pleased you found the affordable rate and convenient location ideal for your stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our stay here. A family member choose this for the location - admittedly convenient - and the kitchen. She was envisioning a Homewood Suites, but this was a far cry from that. We knew when we checked in that customer service was not a priority. While friendly, the person who checked us in made it clear that we should not expect hotel amenities. No maid service if your stay is less than a week. If you need new towels, bring the old ones down to the lobby (and PS, new towels are not necessarily clean towels). A plumbing problem went unfixed for half a day till we fixed it ourselves, and no apology or even surprise expressed. Nothing was truly clean. Trash spilled over the outside containers in the walkways and trails of ants capitalized on the food remnants. And the room wasn't cheap enough to make up for any of it. If you want a kitchen, go to a different suites hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the service we had provided was not up to par. I would like to take this time to apologize about my staff not showing the initiative and great customer service our hotel takes pride in. I understand there was also a plumbing issues during your stay and I would like to also apologize about that not being taken care of in a timely manner. Any issues brought to our attention are taken seriously and need to be responded to immediately. I am sharing your review with my staff in order to better ourselves and to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mvl@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.