“Nice place great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harborview Inn and Suites

Harborview Inn and Suites
Ranked #233 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Nice place great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

I had a great experience, rooms were comfortable and clean, staff was friendly, great location, great restaurants in the area, we ate at Little Italy and it was awesome. Great rates and I will definitly recommend a friend.

Room Tip: This hotel is a small independent hotel all the rooms seemed nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank elizabeth d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

I read a lot of the reviews and a lot of them were bad, but I was tremendously surprised with how clean and quiet the property was. I love the fact that it wasn't a chain hotel, it had an independent feel it was quaint. I was in town for the weekend because of a conference. The hotel was only about a mile and a half from the convention center, and I'm used to walking, so this is no problem for me; it also allowed me to experience the wonderful San Diego weather. The hotel was really close the airport which is convenient because although they didn't offer a shuttle, the price of the cab to go to the airport was really cheap about $10.
They offered a free breakfast every morning. Coffee and toast, With a little butter or jam they also have these little Eggo's which were good but I prefer the toast. The amount that they serve for breakfast was perfect for me because I usually eat light for my first meal of the day anyway. But I could see why a lot of people complain about the breakfast.
Lila who worked there at the front desk couldn't of been more helpful. She provided me with an iron and ironing board upon request And gave me plenty of suggestions for things to do while I'm in town. It just reminded me of an old world style inn where The people running the hotel really care about their guests and it's not just some employee with a name tag getting paid hourly to sit behind a desk.
On my last day at the hotel I met Andrew who also works at the front desk. He was such a such a funny guy made me laugh so hard. And he was really helpful in assisting me by calling a cab to take us to the airport. That guy deserves a raise!

Also Andrew recommended a great place to go for a italian food, since Harborview was in Little Italy, And there were tons of italian restaurants in the area, very nice part of town, very safe.

Go to Mona Lisa's they have delicious sandwiches in their deli area, and the best part it's right around the corner from The hotel.

- Max F

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MaxFox86
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

No parking space, small and dirty room and seems bed bugs live there!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
sdharborview, Director of Sales at Harborview Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
While we cannot please every traveler we do try our best. At this location it is downtown San Diego and we do have street parking available and we do provide free parking, however we only have a limited number of free spaces in our lot, so its first come first serve.
Our hotel rooms are cleaned after each use as compliant by any health standards. We do not have bed bugs. We use Dewey Pest Control and our hotel is maintained regularly. We simply do our best to provide our guest with a comfortable stay. Please accept our apologies for your unsatisfactory stay.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I do not know where to begin, this was the worst hotel/motel experience we have ever had. The room was dirty, DIRTY, dirty, there was supposed to be a kitchette, that was a joke. The refrigerator wasn't cold, the sink was filthy, & the floors were terrible! There was a 14inch or so step up to the toilette & the towels were full of holes. The windows didn't have locks & the door lock didn't work correctly. I am just hitting the highlights of how nasty this place was, take my word for it, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
sdharborview, Director of Sales at Harborview Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We are very apologetic that your stay was less than satisfactory. This Hotel was built in the early 1900's and while we have renovated this hotel we do have a few rooms with kitchenette's that are the older rooms it sounds like you were in one of those rooms. Unfortunately with a hotel such as this we do occasionally have trouble with a lock or in room Fridge. We are undergoing training at this time with our staff to be better sensitive to our guest's needs such as simply replacing your fridge or towels upon request. We are still making changes and renovating at this location. In addition we are updating our breakfast with more choices. the pictures on our profile and on our website reflect the hotel. Please accept our apologies.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. They need to improve or get out of business.

Not very friendly personnel, not very clean, and very noise.

Breakfast was a joke - - - we had an urgent package delivered to us - and stayed at the reception for several days - when we had already checked out we went back to the reception and asked for it - the: oh, yes.

Very strange

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Little Italy and Starbucks around the corners. Nice staff and helpful with directions. Room was small with 2 Queen beds but managable. Bathrooms clean and so was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was toast or eggos waffles and coffee but restaurants offering breakfast were close by. Little Italy was lively, and we got use the to the jets landing at the nearby airport. Walking distance to harbourfront to pick up trolley tour that took us everywhere including Coronada Island Fare was $39.00 for the day. WIFI connection. Parking was available most times and limited. No prblem if you you didn't drive there.

Room Tip: This hotel is a cab ride away to the Convention Centre.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carole K
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

rooms were not as advertised online, was attacked buy BEDBUGSm thank god they didnt eat me alive. Bedding was dirty and old, bed very uncomforatble and parking is limited. HarborView would not work with me on discounting me with the BEDBUGS so i took matters into my own hand. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL>

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo