“Highly recommend this property”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Ranked #67 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, United States
“Highly recommend this property”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great service, staff and facilities make this one of my favorites in the country. Definitely marked as one of my favorites among Doubletree properties. All of the staff seemed to always have a smile-- not something I'm normally use to!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Greg P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Allen, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The staff was very helpful and it is at a good location. The excessive room is adequate and the machines all worked. It is close to dining if you have a car. The room was very good and had all the necessary amenities.

1 Thank Rick K
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Awesome hotel that offers all the amenities you need on a business trip or vacation with the family. From a resort style pool and friendly bar you can't go wrong with the Double Tree in Del Mar, and I know I sound like a spokesperson, but I'm not getting paid. I love this Hotel and have stayed here over 8 times in the past 2 years.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My department booked me at this hotel while i attended a training class. I arrived unknowingly a day late and was told that they were booked. I would have to find another hotel and my department would be out of $850.00! I was confident that wasn't going to happen lol! The clerk behind the desk, (God I wished I remembered his name) was fantastic. That's why I was confident that there wouldn't be a problem. He reassured me that he'd get me a room and he did. Right next to the conference room where I would be attending class, down the hall from he fitness room where I'd be working out and not far from the pool. He assured me that I'd love it. Quiet. Not too far from my vehicle... He was soooo right. Loved my king sized bed, flat screen tv, beautiful bathroom, sitting area and desk. Free wifi! Happy Hour from 4 to 7 and a great bar staff (Hi Christy the bartender). The restaurant was nice, pricey but the food was fairly good. My room was cleaned everyday and COOKIES! The pool is only 5' deep but it'll be nice when I return with my wife and kids. Outdoor seating with fire pits and TV's I was truly relaxed and enjoyed my stay. The gym was great for the average guy or gal, with upscale dumb bells up to 50lbs. Two treadmills, three elipticals, mats, balls, Precor equipment ya know. Close proximity to stores and other restaurants. One negative? There was this awful sewer, methane gas smell that would seep through the first floor conference area. They fixed it. Plumbing problem they say but I did smell it again two days later. All in all I'd stay there again. Did I mention the FREE parking?

1 Thank Gary S
Pike Road, Alabama
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I were in the San Diego area for business a couple of weeks ago and chose this hotel after our trip was extended one night longer than we had booked in our original hotel. The location isn't bad, and the staff were attentive and helpful. However, our room was...bizarre. There were two adjacent doors, so there was access to our room from each room on either side of us -- which I've never encountered before. The bed was against the wall, facing the window and there was a couch beneath the window, and the TV sat on a desk in the room's left corner next to the window. It was uncomfortable to watch TV from the couch, unless you're OK with craning your neck and turning your head 90 degrees to see the screen. We tend to TV watchers from bed, especially in hotels, and the TV placement relative to loungers in bed was awkward. If my husband moved his legs at all, it completely blocked my view of the screen...which prevented me from engaging in whatever program was on (and got me wondering why he kept moving his legs so much). However, the room's weirdest and most challenging feature had to be the pocket door to the bathroom. It was enormous. And heavy. Competitors for American Ninja Warriors or World's Strongest Man could include opening this door in their strength training. Typically, pocket doors are thin and light (it goes in a pocket!) - this one was easily 2-3 inches thick and solid, with an incredibly shallow handle...again, strength trainers take note. Visiting the restroom, I had to make the unfortunate choice between privacy (closing the door all the way and possibly not being able to open it again) and a relatively assured means of exit (leaving the door slightly open so I could save my fingers and bypass the useless handle by pushing the side of the door open). This was an interesting night, and I'm glad the majority of our stay in San Diego wasn't in that room. Again, the location was pretty good and the staff were great, but the room had its challenges. Bring a book (skip the TV) and a crowbar (for the bathroom) in case you end up in our room.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I will begin by saying that this hotel appears to have a fairly nice patio and pool area. There are quite a few families here with kids, and as long as they're not paying too much, they're probably enjoying it well enough.

I am here on business with a large corporation that has a contract rate with this hotel, although I may suggest they revisit that arrangement. Room: average. Breakfast buffet: below average (food not replenished immediately and ran out of items on 2 of my 4 mornings.) Internet: poor (speedtests consistently showed down<=1.5Mbps, up<=500kbps.) Laundry: poor (asked for starch and boxed shirts--received neither; 1 pair jeans, 3 shirts, 3 sets underwear = $70! Feels like London prices.)

I have stayed in this immediate area before at the Hilton Garden Inn and for business travel that was much better. I may try this place one more time in the future... maybe.

Willmar, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice hotel, great pool area with plenty of space and able to order drinks, comfortable bed and pillows, nice shower, very good rate in a great location, cookie at check in was a nice touch! I don't know what else to say but I have to write at least two hundred characters!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

#95 of 278 in San Diego
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar? Share your experiences!