Parc Suites San Diego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Indogo(San Diego)
  • Room Service
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome away from homequality furnishingsputting greengated parkinggreat kitchenwasher dryerminute walksmall apartmentgaslamp districtbeach towelsclose to downtownsafe neighborhoodbedroom suiteweek stayconvention centercoronado bridgedefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This apartment type was great. The atmosphere was great and I felt really safe in the neighborhood. I really liked the fact of having codes instead of keys so then I didn't have to worry about being locked out. My only suggestion would be to have maybe rug grippers so that the rugs don't slip and slide. The kitchen was fantastic and the overall place was just so beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone and I was fairly impressed with the decor and the level of detail put into the place. It is also very close to the Gaslamp District and Taxis are pretty cheap as well. The service at Parc Suites was amazing as well and they offered me lower prices than at a hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites let in more sunlight and the drapes are big too so if you wanted a dark room you could have it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sneaky32
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I really enjoyed this place. It's basically an apartment, with a kitchen, appliances (including a garbage disposal) and all the cookware, dishes, etc. Kind of a Victorian home (I think it's on the National Register or something like that) that has been remodeled into multiple apartments.

Some have made negative comments about the neighborhood. I just didn't see it as a big deal. It's across the street from a school so how bad can it be? The school is newer but outwardly resembles a minimum-security prison--a testament to the age in which we live. I was there eleven days and I never saw any homeless people, etc. It's a working-class neighborhood and, true, you only have to go two or three blocks to be in kind of a rough-looking industrial-type neighborhood but it is really just not a problem.

The main thing that I find lacking in hotels in which I stay, including some pricey ones now and then, is quiet. This place was basically quiet. One day there was some moron a couple of houses down washing his car and had his hip hop turned all the way up. The only words in the music seemed to begin with F or N. I have heard music down the street occasionally but never really after going to bed. The manager, Kelly, is very nice and sweet and takes quiet very seriously. While I was there, other guests were never a problem, and if there had been a problem I don't think Kelly would have let it go on.

I look at the parking situation as a definite positive. There is usually parking on the street during the day and evening. At night you can park in enclosed locked parking. Yes, you have to drag your butt out of the car, unlock and open a gate, park, then go back and close and lock it. (Just remember to take your key out of the lock. I lost mine this way and Kelly was very nice about it. Interestingly, two days later someone else did the same thing and I turned that key in). Anyway, all this is a small price to pay, IMHO, for the peace of mind of knowing your car's not going to be messed with...a reassurance that I didn't even feel at the Hilton Resort in San Diego.

There is a laundramat on the premises. Dollar to wash, dollar to dry. The only downside is that this is where the employees do the laundry for the establishment and they will leave it in the machines for hours or even overnight. Don't be bashful about taking it out. They don't sell soap. There is liquid soap there which the employees use. I don't know if it is supposed to be for general consumption or not.

They do not make up your room while you are there but were happy to provide new towels when I asked. If you want bar soap you'll need to bring or buy it. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. There was no air conditioning, which was not a problem in March. I had the heat on. May be a different story in August. They have three fans with remote controls. There was a very nice flat screen TV with high-def feed. They should provide some type of laminated sheet to tell you what the active channels are. It took me awhile to figure out that the regular network news was on, I think, channel 1007 (it starts at channel 2). No DVR player.

Watch that curb step painted with red and white hash marks in front of the porch. I didn't and fell and split my lip open. Kelly happened to be there and was very concerned and sympathetic.

I definitely plan to return, especially for an extended stay when I come to volunteer in Tijuana. I would think there still may be a role for a more traditional setting (like on the water, etc.) if I were coming with my wife for a shorter period for a vacation. Previously on this these trips I have stayed at the Motel 6 downtown, Motel 6 on Clairemont Mesa Blvd, and Days Inn on Rosecrans. This was far and away much better for the same or less cost.

Room Tip: Didn't see any of the other rooms, and I think that they are all different. I stayed in #7. It's on the second floor and I think that would be preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We had great service, and a fantastic time. Granite counter-tops, cable, comfy bed, nice staff, and an overall Gem. People also complained about the "sketchy" location. This is not in the ghetto, and it is not in La Jolla (Mitt Romney Richville). It's across the street from an elementary school for goodness sake. Overall a great stay, great value, will try to return.

Room Tip: No swimming pool...couldn't unselect it. Go grocery shopping and take advantage of the kitchen. Save you some $$$$!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We found this gem on Vacation Rentals By Owner. The apartment was above and beyond what we had expected. This was an old Victorian Home was the renovated into several apartments. The unit was spacious with updated appliances, coziness of home and close to the gas lamp district. We had a kitchen big enough to make meals. The home is gated with parking in the back. Public transportation such as the trolley was a great find for all you can ride $5.00.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, comfortable and large.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I found this little gem on line and the unit was just as described. I frequently walked down to the gaslamp district or the cab ride was a cheap 6.00. This place is very quiet and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Laundry facilities on site which added to the convenience. A nicely appointed kitchen made dinner prep (when I didn't go out) very easy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business