“Wonderful Wedding Weekend!”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #33 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My daughter's wedding reception was at the Diamond View Tower Sky Box very close to Hotel Indigo. Our family and most wedding guests stayed here. We had blocks of rooms/suites, the Presidential Suite and hosted a Sunday brunch on the 9th floor patio. The hotel has a wonderful downtown, urban edge to it with a very friendly environment. Every hotel staff member we had contact with was friendly and accommodating--from the group reservations coordinator, to the front desk, to the valet, to the catering staff--everyone went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are modern and clean but cozy and many have great views of downtown--and bonus, we loved the Aveda bath products. The 9th floor patio (which is a bar at night) was a wonderful setting for our wedding brunch. It is in a very good location and I have already recommended Hotel Indigo to friends--you should stay there for a great San Diego downtown experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room--fantastic views of San Diego and the Coronado bridge. The suites are exceptiona...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Jeana P,

I am so happy to hear that you chose our Hotel Indigo to celebrate the wedding weekend! I will ensure that all my staff hears back about the wonderful feedback you left about our property. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and our Aveda products. We cannot wait to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Nice, boutique hotel. Stayed here in mid-June for a few nights and really enjoyed it. Our room was on the 9th street side on the second floor and was a bit noisy the first night. They gladly changed us to a room on the inside of the block on a higher floor and it was much better.

The breakfast was good and the furnishings in the room were very nice and modern. I'd choose this place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the block are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

4ubrey,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel Indigo while in San Diego and leaving such wonderful feedback about our property. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to outside street noise, but I am relieved to hear we were able to remedy the situation and move you to a different room to better suit your needs. I will ensure my staff hears back about your wonderful feedback and we cannot wait to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I loved staying here. The best part was all of the dogs that were there. If you like dogs, this place is for you! They have regular happy hours for dogs on the rooftop patio. I loved my room and how comfortable it was. The only issue I had was that there must have been a dog who shed a lot in my room before me because there was a considerable amount of dog hair on the floor. If I had an allergy it would have really bothered me. Luckily I love doggies. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. Everything about it was lovely.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, do not get a room on the floor with the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Rslats,

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such wonderful feedback about our Hotel Indigo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our pet friendly property. I apologize for the inconvenience of the dog hair in your room; I will ensure my housekeeping department is aware to provide 100% clean rooms for all our guests.

Again, thank you for stopping by and writing a great review and we cannot wait to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon, San Diego was the last stop on our tour of California. The hotel is in an excellent location, we were upgraded to a suite the room was beautiful, really clean and modern we had an amazing view of PetCo Park. We were accommodated in every way with a very early check in, the staff were great at providing local knowledge and recommendations. Being in the Gaslamp Quarter you are in walking distance of most areas for food, drink and shopping. We look a bus easily enough from a few blocks away to San Diego Zoo. The rooftop bar was great we could snuggle up by the fire pits and drink a cocktails whilst listening to the buzz of the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay again should we ever be back to San Diego.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

KempersUK,

It is wonderful to hear you chose our property to enjoy part of your honeymoon. I am extremely thrilled to hear the location accommodated you and that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace. I will ensure my staff hears about the fantastic feedback you left about our property. We cannot wait to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Last minute trip to San Diego on July 15 to pick up my son at the airport, so bid on line at Priceline and got a good deal on this hotel. Priceline only guarantees one bed, but I called and asked if we could possibly get two beds. No problem they said. Then I was even pickier and explained that although I know this is a pet friendly hotel, I was unaware of that at the time that I booked the room and my daughter has allergies. No problem they said! They put us on the third floor in a room that doesn't usually have pets and made a note to make sure that it was completely cleaned of an pet odors, etc. From the minute we arrived with valet parking to the man at check in and then the lady at check out, everybody was super nice and accomodating. My daughter and I ordered room service, very simple, a sald and buffalo wings. The food arrived in twenty minutes - WOW - that's fast for room service and the food was delicious. We needed extra towels, no problem, they arrived within five minutes of us calling the front desk. I will absolutely be back at this hotel. What a pleasant surprise and is certainly a great boutique hotel!

Room Tip: We were on third floor, elevator was quick this way and seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

SergioVazquez,

Thank you for leaving such kind words about our property. I am thrilled to hear you and your son enjoyed your time at our property. I will ensure my entire staff hears back about this wonderful feedback you shared. We cannot wait to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel has a great location in downtown San Diego. It is a great location for baseball fans, only two blocks from PetCo field. Request an upper floor room - I was on the 8th floor. The front desk and valet staff were helpful. The rooms are nice and bathroom/shower is spacious.

There was a slight "clean dog" smell in my room (the smell your dog has after coming from the groomers), but it wasn't overwhelming and was to be expected in a pet friendly hotel.

Overall good experience.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor room. Be aware of cost of parking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeQuin
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Bqa,

Thank you for stopping by and writing a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in San Diego! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the views from your room and that both our Front Office team and Valet team were able to assist you while here.

Again, thank you for writing a wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were on the 10th floor and had a gorgeous city view. Loved the huge window to look out over the city. Beds were comfy with lots of pillows. Room was very clean. Loved the modern look to the room and the big shower stall in the bathroom and Aveda bath products. Staff was very friendly and helpful when asked about places to eat. Location was awesome as we were going to see a ballgame. Roof top bar with it's gas fire pits was a great way to relax after the game. We were surprised that last call was called at 12:30am. We were 4 blocks away from the main street in the Gaslamp (5th ave.) so it was an easy walk to the restaurants and entertainment. Our coffee maker did not work in the morning, and when we called the front desk they said someone from maintenance would come up, but nobody came. That was the only irritation we had with our stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

MarciaMarciaMarcia2,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in San Diego. Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and you loved the views from your room. I apologize that you experienced problems with the coffee maker and we were not able to remedy the situation.

I hope to see you again in the future the next time you are in San Diego.