“Excellent, great room, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #33 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent, great room, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and overall it was excellent.
Our standard room was large enough with nice quiet a/c, huge bed, great shower and fresh decor.
There was an issue with noisy neighbours on our first night through the linked room which after two complaints to the front desk, was resolved without fuss by security.
The bar on the 9th floor was a highlight with big fire puta and heat lamps making sure it was always warm. Great view of Petco park for Padres games too.
We didn't bring our dog on this trip but I've never been anywhere with facilities like this, treats, water and #2 facilities on a nice lawned area on the roof terrace.
Valet parking is expensive at $40pn, I would recommend 'park it on market' for $15/24h around the corner.
I will definitely be visiting this great city again and this hotel will be at the top of my list.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Edward R,

What wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! Thank you for taking the time and leaving such positive feedback. I am thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and that you found our location and our rooms accommodating. We cannot wait to see you again in the future! Next time, be sure to bring your furry family members! As you can see, we are extremely welcoming to them to!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was not my first stay at the Hotel Indigo and it certainly will not be my last. The location is perfect, close enough to all of the activity without being in the thick of all the chaos. It is clean, the staff is excellent, and the rooms are comfortable and modern. The views of Petco park from both the rooms and the 7th floor bar are amazing; my dog loves to look out of the floor to ceiling windows and admire it too! This is the most pet friendly hotel I have ever stayed in and they even have a yappy hour at the bar. My only complaint is they no not provide bathrobes, but I can overlook it because of all it's other wonderful features. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2014
Mockett,

Thank you for stopping by and providing us with those wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! I am ecstatic to hear that both you and your dog enjoyed your stay and that you found the room and location accommodating. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed on 11th floor...room was neat...very modern...bathroom amenities were very good...opened the window to a view of petco park...staff excellent...needed coffee and they came in 2 minutes...bed was comfortable...highly recommend

Room Tip: High Floor on the perco field side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anurag A
burbank, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We only stayed one night here, but it was just perfect. It's hard to say why, I mean it's not the Four Seasons. But the vibe was just perfect. it's bright and cheerful and wonderful staff, and the lobby bar/restaurant had a great hip feel. It was oddly fun seeing the baseball stadium from our room, and there's a sandwich I had for lunch that i'm actually going to mention: grilled mozzarella with chicken on french bread. That's rare, that you rave about a lunch...

Room Tip: We paid just $199,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank comedywriter14
Orange County, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We booked one night at this hotel based upon our wonderful Hotel Indigo London-Kensington experience. The room, amenities, breakfast, and comfort were superior in London. Hotel Indigo San Diego is very average. The location is great. We had a city view and could see the baseball field. That's where it stops.

The room was very small, the mattress was low grade, as was the bedding. I expected the same bathroom extras to be there: q-tips, cotton, hair band, etc...nope, not available. AND NO FRIDGE!! For a $10 fee we could have had one. It was very noisy; I could hear every conversation walking down the hall. They did have a Keurig coffee maker in the roon with one kcup of reg coffee, one decaf, and two teas. I recommend you go to front desk and ask for extras with extra sugars and cream as they only give you two of those as well.

Breakfast was included but only up to a certain dollar amount. In London, we could order what we pleased, as much as we pleased. In London we had free soft drinks, snacks, and bottled water in our fridge: it was not an honor bar. Not in San Diego.

I would not stay here again. Next time we will return to the Marriott several blocks from the Gaslamp quarter. My mistake for assuming Hotel Indigo is consistent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mfox12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Mfox12,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the location of our hotel. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize we fell short of your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope you stay with us again in the future so we can show you just how exceptional we can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is located right next to the ball park which is nice for a baseball lover. The general area in the gas lamp is a bit more on the outskirts than other hotels in the area which lead to the feeling of being cut off. Parking is expenisve for the location $41.00 per night, with no self park option. The staff and valet were very kind.

The rooms are large (with a zillion pillows on the bed). Wireless internet access is included for IHG members (as it should be but it appears that hotels are still in a different century on this point). The bathroom is beautiful. The room colors and decorations are a bit loud for my taste, i.e. not particularly rest inducing but I think they cater to a younger crowd who may be into the loud colors. With this hotel, think comfortable and not luxury.

This is not a full service hotel, thus the restaurant is not open 24/7 and has limited offerings overall. The breakfast was terrible and people in my party complained immensely about the coffee. What was most amusing is that they have several options for scrambelled eggs but no omelet option. When we asked if an omelet could be made, our server said they could try, and try they did. Suffice to say it was not great.

This would not be my first choice hotel if I am in the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meleetyme
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear meleetyme,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the room condition and truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had with the breakfast choices. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Only stayed one night here but was very impressed. Its a large hotel with a boutique hotel styling and vibe. Staff at check-in were very cool, hip, and helpful. Since I'm a Plat IHG club member I got bumped up to a suite on the top floor which made the experience top notch. The suites are huge and very artistically decorated; again, boutique hotel vibe. The views of downtown were amazing. All the bars, clubs, and restaurants of the Gaslamp district are a few blocks away.
The only reason I don't give it five stars is because of the parking situation. Its in a downtown urban environment so understandably parking sucks and its expensive. This hotel is valet only and its $41! There are parking structures close that go for about $20 a day and there is free street parking at night.

So in review its a great, stylish hotel. The only issue I had was parking a car.

Room Tip: This hotel is valet only and the price for valet is more expensive than other hotels in the same are...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business