“Very clean and beautiful”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #33 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel was very nice, quite spacious and had decent channels on TV.
The food is paid for, so there was no buffet but it wasn't overly expensive. The rooms had a nice feel and were definitely clean.
Location was good, right on the edge of the main part of town, would have preferred to be a little bit closer though, but it was nice because it wasn't too loud.
The baseball stadium is literally only a few blocks away, so it was nice atmosphere to hear the cheers of the game every now and then.

A definite downside was the lack of mini fridge, perhaps you could request one for a fee, I am unsure. We were forced to raid the ice machine and use the little ice bucket as our fridge. Definitely a disadvantage.

Overall quite nice, although the laundry service is very expensive and I would recommend going to a local one (I believe it was 10 mins or so away) who wash and dry your clothes and deliver them back to the hotel for a much more decent price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Laurahampsire7,

Thank you for stopping by and providing your wonderful feedback. I am extremely pleased to hear that the location and the rooms were accommodating. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to lack of mini fridge. We do offer mini fridges upon availability at a daily fee. If you choose to stay with us again in the future, please feel free to ask our Front Office team and they would be more than happy to send a fridge your way.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,825)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated between Petco Park and the Gaslamp Distrinct. We were actually give a few right into the ballpark which was pretty cool. And with only a few easy walking blocks to the heart of the Gaslamp, there was no shortage of bars and restaurant options. Room was clean, modern and staff was accommodating, exactly what I was expecting based on reviews I read.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Racheltravels_29

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your positive experience at our property. I am extremely pleased to hear our location and staff was accommodating and they you were provided a fantastic view for your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here 5 nights last week for a meeting being held at a large hotel in the Harbor area. This smaller boutique hotel's staff was always helpful. I asked for an upper level room overlooking Petco Park and was cheerfully obliged. The room décor is modern, but comfortable and , other than the occasional roar of the baseball fans( which I loved) for 3 of the nights during Padres games, the hotel was very quiet.
The hotel is a couple of blocks from the Gaslamp Quarter, with many restaurants and shops, and a 20 minute walk to the Harbor area and Convention Center.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking Petco Park are not near the ice machines on even numbered floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Pam F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the room and location accommodating. It is great news we were able to meet your request of a Petco Park view room. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and overall it was excellent.
Our standard room was large enough with nice quiet a/c, huge bed, great shower and fresh decor.
There was an issue with noisy neighbours on our first night through the linked room which after two complaints to the front desk, was resolved without fuss by security.
The bar on the 9th floor was a highlight with big fire puta and heat lamps making sure it was always warm. Great view of Petco park for Padres games too.
We didn't bring our dog on this trip but I've never been anywhere with facilities like this, treats, water and #2 facilities on a nice lawned area on the roof terrace.
Valet parking is expensive at $40pn, I would recommend 'park it on market' for $15/24h around the corner.
I will definitely be visiting this great city again and this hotel will be at the top of my list.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Edward R,

What wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! Thank you for taking the time and leaving such positive feedback. I am thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and that you found our location and our rooms accommodating. We cannot wait to see you again in the future! Next time, be sure to bring your furry family members! As you can see, we are extremely welcoming to them to!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was not my first stay at the Hotel Indigo and it certainly will not be my last. The location is perfect, close enough to all of the activity without being in the thick of all the chaos. It is clean, the staff is excellent, and the rooms are comfortable and modern. The views of Petco park from both the rooms and the 7th floor bar are amazing; my dog loves to look out of the floor to ceiling windows and admire it too! This is the most pet friendly hotel I have ever stayed in and they even have a yappy hour at the bar. My only complaint is they no not provide bathrobes, but I can overlook it because of all it's other wonderful features. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Mockett,

Thank you for stopping by and providing us with those wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! I am ecstatic to hear that both you and your dog enjoyed your stay and that you found the room and location accommodating. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed on 11th floor...room was neat...very modern...bathroom amenities were very good...opened the window to a view of petco park...staff excellent...needed coffee and they came in 2 minutes...bed was comfortable...highly recommend

Room Tip: High Floor on the perco field side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anurag A
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We only stayed one night here, but it was just perfect. It's hard to say why, I mean it's not the Four Seasons. But the vibe was just perfect. it's bright and cheerful and wonderful staff, and the lobby bar/restaurant had a great hip feel. It was oddly fun seeing the baseball stadium from our room, and there's a sandwich I had for lunch that i'm actually going to mention: grilled mozzarella with chicken on french bread. That's rare, that you rave about a lunch...

Room Tip: We paid just $199,
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple