“An Area of Relaxation”

Ranked #218 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
North Hollywood
“An Area of Relaxation”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The place overall was nice and decent. Rooms are fine the way they are; it gives the sense of "comfort". My stay was pretty relaxing on the soft cushioned beds. Its at a good price range. It gave me the opprotunity to discover the colleges, beach, and zoo nearby the area.

The lobby however is small. I perfered more room so others can sit and enjoy breakfast while at their stay.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Well I stayed for an educational trip, I liked their air conditioning. Great rooms, my room didn't have another door as in to connect with other rooms. Sometimes I could hear things, like a trump noise of someone stomping their feet in the next room. Yet again they were teenagers. Nice hospitality. Good for a night. Small bathroom but useful nonetheless. Great service.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

To save you the long story I'll try to make this short. Me and four of my friends stayed here a week ago as part of a larger group from touring the San Diego State University and San Diego University. Despite the small terrain, the area was kept very tidy and organized especially our room. I am not familiar with the area at all but the small brochure provided inside the room let me know that there are convenient stores and restaurants within driving distance. Regarding our overnight stay, I wasn't too thrilled with rooming with four other people but we ended up having a blast. I was definitely relieved to find out that our assigned room provided us with a flat screen T.V. and cable with decent shows! Our other subordinates next door even brought their PS3--too bad I didn't think about that. But what made a very good and lasting impression on me is when I forgot a sentimental item of mine, I emailed them and inquired if there was any way at all for them to mail me my object and they generously complied! I was so ecstatic and happy! Long-story short, I was beyond satisfied with their service and I definitely had a great experience(more than I expected).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a own night stay. The accommodations were adequate but not anything special. We were given a room that had a shared door and you could hear all of the conversations and television from the next room. Fortunately they went to bed early or it would have been a problem. Seemed clean but the toilet ran all night. Continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
#222 of 279 in San Diego
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,204 reviews

Been to Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Property: Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area
Address: 6440 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115-2645
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #218 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area 2*
Newly Remodeled Rooms with Flat Screen LED TV.Walking distance to SDSU (San Diego State University), a block away from major shopping center and restaurants & bars. Very easy access to I-8 highway and very convenient location. 24 hour front desk, free Continental Breakfast & Wifi in all rooms and a large swimming pool and guest laundry facility available. Free Bus and Truck Parking also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - San Diego Hotel San Diego