“Worth Every Penny!!”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,932 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Jolla Village Drive
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We met friends at Truluck's last night for happy hour. It was the Friday night of the Memorial Day weekend and it was busy. Truluck's happy hour is from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m. and they have half price appetizers and $5 wine and well drinks. There is also 25% off bottles of wine and a $1 off bottled beer.

I love oysters on the half shell, but I don't want huge ones. I had a dozen of the most perfect oysters I've had in years. The cocktail sauce had large chunks of fresh cracked pepper in it and it really gave the oysters a great flavor. We also had the New Orleans Style Shrimp, 2 orders of the blue cheese potato chips and an order of sliders. I didn't eat any of the sliders but they looked great. The shrimp was grilled and in a spicy sauce with nice chunks of French bread to soak up the sauce. Yummy!!

The service was VERY professional and nice. We ended up having dinner outside on the patio and our bar server was Rachel and she was attentive and helpful with the selections. Andy was our dinner waiter and he was the same. My husband had the fried shrimp latter and I have to admit I stole lots of his French fries...oh were they great. I had the grilled halibut and the green beans. Can you ever go wrong with halibut?! What a nice evening!

This was our first visit there and it appears its the beginning of a long, long relationship. I'm going to be dreaming of those oysters......

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I dined here during the week on a recent visit to San Diego. I was encouraged by positive reviews I had seen, but our experience was different. Perhaps we caught them on a bad night.

First, they forgot about waiting in the lounge for our table. After an extra 15 minute wait, we were seated. The soup and salads for the first course were very good. The waiter recommended the scallops and king crab legs. After another extended delay in getting our food, the choices were not so good. Scallops were overcooked and lacked flavor. The crab legs were bland.

The live music and atmosphere were nice, but the food quality was lacking during our visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

excellent food, had glazed miso halibut, good wine list by glass, decadent but OYE how delicious the carrot cake was-needed 5 mile run to burn off but well worth it

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I hosted a business dinner for a total of six people this week. We spent part of the time in the bar with drinks/appetizers, and then moved to our table for dinner. The service, ambiance, and music in the bar area was great, and we all had a nice time hanging out before dinner.

As always, the food was great, and everybody enjoyed their selections. Truluck's really does have great food. My only concern was that our table service was very slow. Once orders were taken for drinks or food it took a very long time for us to be served. We did have a group of six, but all of us ordered right off the menu without special requests. Even accounting for the large group I felt the service was very slow.

Having said that, I will go back because the food is excellent.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This place is wonderful, the service is top notch. The stone crab claws were amazing, as was the lobster tails. A little pricey but was expected. Even recieved a follow up call the next day to make sure our experience was ok, never had that from a restaurant. Wish I lived closer, would be a regular.