“Great Hotel, Perfect Area!”

Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld
Ranked #138 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great hotel, especially if ur planning on visiting Seaworld great location close to beaches and shopping malls.Wide variety of restaurants.Quiet rooms, Parking does get full, kinda tight.But overall We had a great time visiting San Diego.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Anup P, General Manager at Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review of the Ramada Limited Seaworld. I am very happy to read that you took advantage of your location. We are very close to many tourist destinations such as Seaworld. Making your experience a good one, is our top priority. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed three days at this hotel. I checked several reviews and I checked Tripadvisor and had my reservations.The first day we were greeted by a friendly woman who gave us a very good map of the area and some resturant info.The location is on a busy street, Vonns is walking distance, Wendy's and a mexican fast food is across the street. The floor plan to my husband and I was good because our son usually hogs the bathroom. The bathroom and tub is separated .So it was good to use the sink, make coffee, brush teeth, put on makeup etc. The first day the towels were folded in a fancy fan, the second day I noticed the towels were dingy and instead of white a light grey( wasn't paying attention the first day). I was even more upset when I noticed a barB Que stain on the towels the next day as the time I cleaned under my finger nails after a trip to Phils Bar B Que (also walking distance). I believe they hung the SAME towels I threw out after our baths.(I put the used towels on the side of the tub half hanging on the floor, good thing I did not throw them on the floor) When we checked out I saw the maid hanging towels over the laundry basket they use to collect the laundry towels. (my husband mentioned the towels felt wet the second day) If I knew they were doing that I would never have picked this hotel. When I chose a hotel the most important thing I look at is how clean it is, this one fell short. I usually smell the linen for clorox which is what I suggest for this hotel. The breakfast was average but I appreciated the fact that it was free. Bread, cereals, juice, coffee, tea bananas and pastries.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helped me with all my needs. They are in a great vacinity to Sea World and Ocean Beach. While i was there they were upgrading the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review of the Ramada Limited Seaworld.I am happy to read that you took advantage of our convenient location. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very very nice hotel with awesome rooms, nice breakfast (could do better with the variery), perfect city location and above all a very welcoming hotel staff & receptionist (Anup). All the information required about how to best move around the city and what places to cover were given to us in first 10 mins on check in and that helped us, see the best places out there, with minimum fuss.

The rooms are superb at the given price (though other hotels in San Diego are way way much higher than this) and the facilities in the room are near perfect.

Definitely a very very nice place to stay in any situation - be it with family, friends or any one else.

1  Thank Om81
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a budget motel and it's not in a posh neighborhood, but it's extremely convenient to major SD locations. The superlative is a staff that really seems to care about the guests. So it was a 5 star staff in a 2 star lodging. Everything in the room worked and was in good condition and clean. I stayed for 6 nights, and every day the room was attended to perfectly. The towels were really thick not skimpy like every other budget motel I've stayed at. In fact there was nothing skimpy about this motel; it always seemed like they had gone a little bit beyond what you'd expect. The breakfast included many kinds of pastries and breads and cereals and fruit and decent coffee. I often come to SD on business and pleasure and this will be my first choice from now on. The San Marcos fires had resulted in a chaotic week for my family, and these people really blessed me with their true hospitality.

1  Thank Irene P
Anup P, Manager at Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Seaworld. I am very happy to read such positive remarks of our staff. We take pride in making every guest feel welcome and at home. I hope you and your family are all safe and back in your home after the fires. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

For this price range of $90 a night I expected a lot more. It was more like a cheap motel. The rooms were really old and dated. It's gross to think about when things are so dated. It did seem clean though. Beds were not that comfortable but the blankets were the cheap itchy uncomfy kind.
My biggest complaint, there was 0 privacy space so I had to have my brother step outside to change my clothes. There was a door to toilet and shower but it's small and too humid to dress after a shower.
This would have been easier with a couple but is NOT ideal for a family or mixed company.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Liz H
Anup P, General Manager at Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. We aim to have everyone of our guests to have a great experience at our hotel. The room not being clean is simply unacceptable and has been addressed with the staff. Please notify staff of any issues with the room at the time, so we can make appropriate changes. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to host you again.