“Fun and Enjoyable”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Homer, New York
“Fun and Enjoyable”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We enjoyed a very good breakfast here on our first morning in San Diego. They offered a variety of morning options including special omelets. We ate outside under the umbrellas and received excellent service. It is located straight across from the Westin Gaslamp Hotel. Their menu also indicated they offered a variety of lunch options including several types of soups.

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went for breakfast and this place is a little rough. You can tell at one time it was a cute French Bistro, but not so much anymore. In their defense, I haven't been for lunch or dinner.

If you are looking for a quick cheap breakfast, this will suffice but nothing more than that.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Great pastries”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was in downtown waiting for the orange line trolley to the Gaslamp and found a great surprise at the stop. I was waiting not for long for a great tasting pastry and their coffee was a perfect pairing.

Visited October 2012
Montreal
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Had breakfast there with family. No real service - had to order at the counter. Staff was curteous though. Food was very ordinary. There are many other options in the city.

• Visited August 2012
Philadelphia
“Busy and understaffed”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

When we walked in, we were immediately greeted by an unmanned "Please Wait to be Seated" sign. So we waited, then the cashier all the way across the restaurant told us to sit anywhere we wanted. The same scenario played out with everyone else that came in after us. Why is that sign even there???

My girlfriend & I both had the acai & granola fruit bowl. it was pretty good, and VERY cold (which I liked). But service was VERY slow to nonexistant.

Several hot breakfasts were served to people who came in after us before our cold food was delivered. I asked for napkins (none were provided) when the waitress finally brought our food, and we never got them. At this point, a family of four next to us had been waiting for acknowlegement for about 10 minutes and just decided to leave by graciously telling the waitress "maybe we'll come back another time when you're not so busy".

Too bad, I think the chef (who spoke with a thick French accent) can cook, but clearly there are serious issues with service & organization.

• Visited July 2012