“Don't miss it on Sunday”

Spreckels Organ Pavilion
US$65.25*
San Diego GoCar Tour
Ranked #63 of 451 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spreckels Organ and San Diego Civic Organist, Dr. Carol Williams. This organ with 4,518 pipes, was a gift from the Spreckels brothers to the city of San Diego on January 1, 1914. Come visit for a free concert every Sunday at 2pm and afterwards you are invited inside the building to view the pipe chambers and historic photo gallery.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am not a huge classic music fan, but this... I can't really describe it.
It's a very big building, which is one huge Organ. This is amazing.
Every Sunday 2PM there's a free concert, they provide umbrellas for like 1-2$ for a sunny or a rainy day. The sound is amazing... As a tourist, this totally blew me away.

1  Thank David A

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spend quite a bit of time in Balboa Park so always looking for additional activities so the Sunday afternoon organ concert was quite a treat. Dr. Carol Williams put on a fantastic concert with traditional favorites plus several of her own compositions.

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'm not a fan or organ music, but the 3 times I've been I've enjoyed it. I've been several times when nothing was going on, it's just so lovely to look at. Plus it's a nice place to hang out with friends while taking a break from all the other superb attractions near by.

1  Thank TravelinSuz
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was awesome! We went to a Monday night concert, not knowing what to expect. There were snacks, box dinners, and Organ Society shirts and recordings.

I wish I had worn a sweater or brought a blanket or beach towel - the temp can get cool when the sun goes down. There is a big lot next to the pavilion with free parking. We ate before we came, but there were lots of people picnicking. At first we thought we'd be the youngest people in the place (40's), but soon there were people of all ages. This was a one of our favorite experiences in San Diego.

The Monday night (7:30) concerts go through August, but there are also concerts every Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm. And there is a big Centennial Gala on December 31, 2014. Check it out!

1  Thank dlteagan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

and they thought they'd died and gone to heaven. There is a free concert of some type here year round -- check their website to match your itinerary and your interests with what is being offered.