“Don't Stay Here”
Review of Pacific View Inn

Pacific View Inn
Ranked #172 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at Pacific View Inn in August 2013. On our 3rd day our room was robbed and trashed and everything was taken, laptops clothes,driving licences,passport. There is no cctv and after 9 pm. the receptionist leaves so there is very little security. When we rang the receptionist to tell her that all our things had been robbed she didn't seem to care. Two days after we were robbed there a homeless guy sleeping outside our room in the middle of the day! DO NOT STAY HERE. We had all our stuff taken, the hotel didn't offer any compensation or seem to care and secuirty is a joke. Will never stay here again and it ruined our holdiay. Please do not stay here, it ruined our expensive holiday to the states and was a huge regret choosing pacific view inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank SamMoloney

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It was the location that got our attention and we just parked our car and walked everywhere. We enjoyed an incredible sunset from our window and had a wide variety of restaurants and bars to choose from for later.
Simple room, comfortable bed and friendly staff. We stayed a couple of nights and could easily stayed longer if we had time. Pacific Beach is a wonderful little pocket on the Pacific, lots of great shops, bars and restaurants. We road the hotel bikes around the boardwalk and enjoyed the area. We would return to the Pacific View Inn and look forward to it!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony and sit and enjoy the sunset!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The location is just outstanding! Staff was reasonably friendly and helpful when I had questions. Be aware that this isn't a "full service" hotel with night staff & lots of amenities. Excellent value for the money too. On the down side, as an older property, the noise comes through the walls & doors pretty easily. So if it gets noisy outside, or upstairs, you'll hear it. I found it tolerable overall still.

Room Tip: We were on north side, less street noise, but due to fairly narrow space between condo building next...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here after reading reviews about the fantastic location.

The rooms themselves are somewhat basic. They actually feel more like an apartment than a hotel room, which we liked. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite with a living room, two bathrooms, a refrigerator, microwave and the most comfortable bed ever!

We could hear the ocean from our room. The inn rents bikes, surfboards and offers complimentary coffee and drinking water all day as well as a free breakfast.

The PVI is two blocks from Garnet St, the main drag in PB.

Great location and comfortable rooms for a low price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is simple, functional and comfortable. It's probably the most basic of the hotels we stayed at during our holiday, and despite a clean reception area, the public areas are in need of some TLC (stained carpets, cheaply decorated). Also to the horror of my partner there is no AC which ended up not being a major problem (Sept/26-30 C degrees) as a fan was provided, but would have been more challenging in mid summer. The location is great for the beach with a real surfer vibe and a young crowd so there is some life after dark. Ideal for exploring the beach/surf/some nice shops, bars and restaurants, but less so the city itself. I liked it for the relaxed vibe, but partner wished we'd stayed downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Pros: perfect location, helpful front desk staff, excellent (and free) wifi, good parking option that I paid for. Unlike one of the other reviewers who wasn't told about the parking ahead of time I was, and it was well worth paying for.

The rooms differ from one another as this isn't a cookie cutter hotel. Mine (room 11) had an incredible view from the second floor small deck right outside the door. Not all rooms are as good.

Cons: this isn't a high end super fancy hotel. The bathroom was perfectly functional but basic. The room was quite large with a sink, fridge, and microwave, but again fairly basic.

Those aren't really "cons" as long as you aren't expecting more.

Room Tip: Rooms 11 and 12 have great views from the second floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

So, as many others have said, the location of this place is just brilliant; a stones throw from the beach, walking distance from all the bars and restaurants you could want, short walk from Mission Beach and only just down the road from La Jolla (I walked up to La Jolla,only took around an hour and it was a real nice walk).
So I was tired and jet lagged when I got to my room but it put a smile right on my face when I walked in. Huge bed, nice size bathroom and a little kitchen; it felt like more of an apartment than a hotel room and that's what I really wanted. A very comfortable place to stay for 2 weeks. Yes the trimmings aren't all perfect, chips in paint etc but honestly who cares?

It was a bit noisy from my neighbors upstairs but that wasn't something I couldn't get used to. The parking spaces out front are few and far between but when I stayed here, there was always a free spot available.

So if I come back to San Diego I'm guna be staying here. I won't be looking for another room to get, this is it for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo