“Great for leisure travel”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #40 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is nicely appointed with a modern décor, convenient, within walking distance to bay front, trendy restaurants, entertainment, etc. Staff was very friendly to my son and very helpful and professional. We loved morning breakfast and healthy snack prepared at its finest. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We at the Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Convenient to the convention center, the train, airport, bayfront, Coronado Island and several restaurants and entertainment/vacation venues. The hotel is nicely appointed with a modern and comfortable décor. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The valets are there each day to greet you and open the door. The staff is this hotel's best asset. I can't say enough about them. Each and every staff member was polite, helpful, courteous and professional.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor, I greatly appreciate your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again next time you come to San Diego!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked my guest room on-line and was not certain of the location or comfort of the hotel. However, I was certainly surprised how this property is one of the newer styles of the Resident Inn of Marriott. All of the guest rooms are suites and I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite that exceeds in square footage and amenities of other brands that I have used. Comp internet, a full and satisfying breakfast was part of the room package that makes this hotel a smart booking for the business traveler.

Rhea,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about your last stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing Residence Inn! Have a great day!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had a great time, everyone is very attentive, from the valet guys to the servers during breakfast. It was a great location, super close to the Petco Park, Convention Center and the clubs/nightlife. I was here for work for 6 days. I will go back with my hubby next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor! I am very glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Residence Inn!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was extremely pleased with the service of Anail in the breakfast area. She was pro-active and very friendly. I asked for some lemon slices for my tea and she did not hesitate to get me some. Great work!

Room Tip: Great location for walking, eating and shopping.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Rob,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about Anail. I know that she greatly appreciates it and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing Residence Inn!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I am a Marriott fan - but I have to say this Marriott exceeded my expectations. The bar in the hotel is so warm and friendly - the staff - A+ - the rooms are really modern and new feeling. I could not have been happier with my hotel choice.

We stayed 4 nights and were in the thick of it the whole time yet somehow it was quiet when I wanted to sleep. The breakfast was a step up from the normal Residence Inn fare as well. We had biscuits and gravy!

You can walk to everywhere from this hotel - which reminds me - the parking is outrageous - take a taxi from the airport - don't bother with a car. To be fair, I think the parking is outrageous all over San Diego - not just here. Its a totally walkable area and there is transportation if you want to venture out. Skip the car.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our beautiful hotel! We take pride in giving our guest's a positive, memorable experience. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the world!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is very nice and located in what I consider a perfect location. You are only a 5 minute walk to the convention center, and seconds from some great restaurants and the ballpark. The room is large with a small kitchenette. The bed is very comfortable and you cant beat the bed linen and towels. So soft!!!
I have to say that the staff that works here is some of the most professional and courtesy people in the business. Anita started it off on a late Saturday night check in and was wonderful. Without a doubt she made a lasting impression and was very helpful making suggestions throughout our stay. The doormen were just as memorable. They were always very polite, helpful, and professional. The manager on duty last Sunday (Feb. 2) afternoon went above and beyond to help us secure another room for our group (smiling the entire time). I really cant say enough as to how impressed I am with this staff!!
Breakfast was great. Always a hot option as well as the bagels, toast, waffles, and other normal breakfast items. The rather large eating area on the 2nd floor was comfortable and open. And once again, the breakfast staff did a super job!
We even decided to get a late snack at the bar one evening. It was also great.
Most in our group had ever traveled to San Diego, but this hotel and its staff left a lasting impression that will not be forgotten!! You will not regret staying here!
M. Freeman

Hello Freeman family!
We are so glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us at our beautiful hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the world!