Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
US$115
US$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$512
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$236
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$198
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$226
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$206
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$310
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$126
1,294 results
All reviewspetco parkgaslamp quarterconvention centergreat locationbar viefront deskbathroom sinkfull size refrigeratorwithin walking distancevalet parkingfree breakfastmini kitchenrestaurants and barsbreakfast staffone bedroom suitetwo blocksgas lamp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

On a quick 2 day trip to San Diego, we chose the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter to stay at. What a great decision! Upon arriving, we were met at the curb by the valet guys who were friendly and so accommodating. The front desk folks were just as amazing and made sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay a memorable experience. Our room was THE BEST - Spotless clean, full of amenities and quiet!! Then came breakfast (included in your stay)...not just some muffins and cereals but a full breakfast bar!! Amazing waiters/waitresses, especially ANAIL who went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. She obviously loves her job because the smile on her face never left! Thank you to all the wonderful folks at this First Class hotel....we will definitely be back and will tell all our friends about it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoBeth_Woodward
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for our hotel! We are so happy that we gave you "Service So Memorable!" We hope to see you again, the next time you are in the Gaslamp.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

First I tried booking the hotel & their rate was $159 online. I saw that hotels.com had it $139. So, I booked the hotel straight from Marriot @ $159 a night & filled out the Marriot form to get the $139 & the 25% off due to finding cheaper else where. I provided all the information & Marriot in turn told me that the rate @ $139 was not still available on hotels.com so I was basically SOL. I provided them everything even a screenshot of the price the same day booked with Marriot. So, I had to pay now the higher price when I could have booked at $139. The valet employees greeted us & we pretty much unpacked our own car. But, I still tipped them. I requested a king size bed or two doubles since there were 3 of us traveling. Was told only a queen size bed was only available. 3 people on a queen bed?
Free breakfast was good. Fresh fruit, coffee, waffles, etc. Room smelled odd. Should use some sort of spray after each cleaning. Overall the hotel was ok. Could use more smiling employees at the front desk. Your first impression is the front desk employee.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us. We sincerely apologize that this happened during your booking. This is alarming because we do value Marriott's Look No Further Guarantee. We really appreciate your business and your loyalty to Marriott. Please feel free to me directly at 619-487-1210 so I can research this for you on your behalf.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I forgot my phone charger so I thought to ask the front desk if they knew where I could find one. Cathy went out of her way to find and lend us a charger! Her attitude was so helpful and friendly! Really appreciated ...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 71happyvisitor

Thank you for taking the time to commend our customer service! Here at the Residence Inn Gaslamp, we pride ourselves on giving all of our guest Service So Memorable. We hope to see you again the next time you stay in the Gaslamp Quarter!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here the first night of my 8 day Western Adventurn around San Diego, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, and Pheonix. We were looking for a place in the gaslamp district, close to Petco Park, which is what we got. The location was GREAT! We actually booked out rental car a day later because we were able to walk everywhere we needed to from this hotel. Petco Park was a few blocks away, as were a ton of restaurants and bars.
We were able to check in with ease, they only had a handicapped room available when we checked in, which I didn't really mind. We were only spending one night, and I didn't even use the shower. The non-handicapped room may have had a nicer shower/bathroom.
The contentintal breakfast was top notch! Eggs, green onions, salsa, cheese, sour cream, potatoes. Waffles. Oatmeal and all the fixings. Coffee. Juices (most likely from concentrate). Fruits.
Upon checking out we were able to check our bags so we could explore and move on to the next location.
The lady at the front was accommodating, but I felt a little weird when she asked me if I meant to book a room with a queen bed. I was a female checking in with my girlfriend. I didn't think in San Diego I'd get a question like that. I feel like if I didn't want the queen, I wouldn't have booked it.

Room Tip: Even though the rooms were right in the heart of the Gaslamp District, I never heard any traffic or people outside.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We appreciate your business. It is our goal at the Residence Inn Gaslamp to respect and value all of our guests. We sincerely apologize for the verbiage that was used during your check-in. It was not our intention to make you or your girlfriend feel uncomfortable! Upon check-in, the front desk agents are required to confirm the room type with the guests before check-in is completed. We do get a lot of travelers that accidentally book the wrong room type for their needs. The Front Office Manager has been notified of this incident and actions are in place to switch the wording used at check-in to ensure that we are communicating clearly and respectfully.
Thank you again! We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself on the west coast!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hello,

We had a wonderful experiences at this Hotel. Our Studio room was great for two people, if you have more opt for the one bedroom. Our stay consisted of 8 nights this visit to San Diego. Now for the good news about this Marriot Hotel.
1) We were allowed to check in early 2:00 PM, after our long flight from Detroit. We were greeted by Mona at the front desk, with such a great smile, and so accommodating to our early arrival. She had read our reservation notes, that we were here to Celebrate our 40th Anniversary, and asks us if we would like a "Free" bottle of wine to take to our room. Since we are wine drinkers, what's not to like about this first encounter with staff at this hotel.
2) We were then greeted by Housekeeping as we arrived at our room, expressing to us, anything we need just ask, they will try to accommodate any request. The next day housekeeping comes to tidy up our room, and we have a nice chat with Mary D. She asks about us and we tell her we are celebrating an Anniversary here in San Diego. Next day she delivers to our room two large pieces of cheesecake with a Happy 40th Anniversary drizzle on a large platter. So far real nice service, this is not we have experienced so far at other Hotels.
3) Complementary Breakfast, well we expected the usual fare one receives at a Hotel. But, we were pleasantly surprised by the offerings and quality of food provided. And the Staff, was wonderful. We would like to thank Blanca, Anail, Vanessa, Mana, Pedro, and Christopher for the wonderful service and food for our 8 morning breakfasts.
4) After 7 days of very accommodating staff, we decided to have a chat with the Manager of this Hotel. Well the gentleman we talked to was substituting for the Manager that week, being that the Manager was offsite. We did something we have never done, we asked about the training the Staff was given at this Hotel, because we have never experienced such an well trained Staff at any Hotel. And both of us being retired professional job holders, we had to know who was responsible for this great Hotel experience.
5) So all we can say to anyone Staying in the Gaslamp District, give this Hotel an chance, you will love your stay here. One more group of people here that deserve some kudos, is the Valet people. Even though we had no car, they were always so friendly, and again always smiling, like all the other staff we encountered during our stay.
6) Thanks to all of you for making our 40th Anniversary a memorable one, in a very special way.

Room Tip: Higher the better view of the City.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fred H
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our associates and our hotel! We are so happy that we could help you spend a perfect 40th wedding anniversary together. We hope you come back for your 41st anniversary!