“Problem free visit with caring and friendly staff!”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #42 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Memphis, Tennessee
“Problem free visit with caring and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited the hotel for a few days, and the staff was friendly and the hotel was perfect for my needs...and wow...everything you need is in the Gaslamp District! My check in experience was great with Sara. She took time to give me the lay of the land and also point me to some nice food options that were not obvious choices in the city. While we were in a meeting at the hotel, Ebel, Christopher and Maris (? - I not sure if I remembered the name, but it was enough to make me write it down...I just can't find it) kept the meeting running with technical support and snacks and a smiling the entire time. And again I forgot the names, but every housekeeper I came across on the 5th floor was friendly, smiling and spoke when I crossed their path! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank shane d
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review about our hotel! We are so glad that our amazing associates were able to give you "Service So Memorable!"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Everyone is so hospitable at this property and always have a smile on their face! The valet guys were always opening the door for you, front desk offered great suggestions for dinner and sight seeing. One of the best areas to visit in San Diego. Special thanks to Maria who worked at breakfast and our lunches for our meeting at the hotel. Great employee who showed she is willing to go the extra mile with a big smile on her face. I will be staying here when I'm back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel! Maria is a wonderful asset to our Marriott family, thank you for giving her a shout-out! We hope you stay with us again next time you find yourself in the Gaslamp!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Service was amazing! Staff was was always on top of their game! You won't find a better downtown location! More restaurants than you could ever count! The rooms were inviting clean and very large! Thank You for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We hope you come visit us again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My recent trip to San Diego allowed me to enjoy this ideally located paradise. The hotel is located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter. After parking my car for the $40 dollar valet fee I was able to freely roam the surrounding area to enjoy a multitude of restaurants. Dick's Last Resort, Hooter's, Wet Willies and the Spaghetti Factory were all within a short walk of this wonderful resting spot. Petco Park was also a stones throw away. The only negative I have to report is the potential end of the Residence Inn's end of the day refreshments at this an other Residence Inn locations. I enjoyed one evening of refreshments before Marriott's no refreshments trial began. Hopefully, this trial ends and regularly scheduled refreshments at the end of the day returns to all Residence Inns.

Room Tip: The Higher You Are, The Better The Gaslamp View
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our beautiful hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, right in the middle of the Gaslamp action!
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay after viewing other hotels in the area. If you are young and enjoy the night life, the gas lamp is the place to be. This is the perfect hotel in the perfect location. Everything was within walking distance. Bed was cozy, extra pillows were brought within 5 min. Housekeeping cleaned my room perfect even after I realized I left $100 on the table, it was not taken!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We are so glad that you enjoyed staying at our property, right in the middle of all of the Gaslamp action!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel located in a very covenient location, rooms are big and clean and the staff is very attentive and helpfull, got some very good restaurant advices i would come back again good price point and very clean rooms my family realy enjoyed her stays here

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Was in San Diego for a week (conference), traveling with my partner and my three year old son. We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the tenth floor.

Pros:
- unbelievably friendly and responsive staff, across the board, from Cathy at the front desk, to the staff person who came by to help start the communal bbq by the pool, to Maria at the restaurant who brought crayons and a snack pack for my child
- very clean room, especially the bathroom, which was immaculate.
- convenient location, 5min walk to the trolley line. My conference was at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, which is a pleasant 15 min walk away. Lots of good restaurants nearby.
- free hot breakfast with good variety
- full kitchen in each unit (except no oven).

Cons:
- Gaslamp quarter is a party district, and can be noisy at night, particularly on weekends. Sirens going off late into night, and, even though we were on a relatively high floor, we could still hear people yelling on the street

Room Tip: Higher floors to lessen the street noise. If you're looking for a place to pick up wine, I'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. We will see you next time you are in the Gaslamp Quarter!