“Short stay, but really enjoyed it”

Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #44 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Concord, New Hampshire
“Short stay, but really enjoyed it”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this location to attend a friend's wedding. The location of the hotel is great. Right in the heart of the trendy Gaslamp Quarter. We were also really close to the city's trolley system. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and helped us navigate our way to a few tourists destinations.

The rooms are well equipped and nicely decorated. I really liked having the kitchenette. It made the trip easier. The breakfast at the hotel was very good, with a much larger selection of food items than I anticipated. There were eggs, bacon, waffles, oatmeal, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, and more! There is a pool, but it's pretty small. I still enjoyed a morning swim though!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We hope that you stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The residence inn in San Diego was in a great location. Close to major attractions some even walking distance. Plenty of restaurants.The staff was friendly. Hotel and room was clean. Complimentary, Breakfast every morning was a plus. If needed, the room had a complete kitchen with pots, dishes, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel! We are still the newest hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter, and so experiences like yours really helps us! We hope you visit us again soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went down for a Giants game at Petco Park (5 min walk to the ballpark) and was looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the ballpark. This one fit the bill. It is a newer property and the location was great. We flew into SAN from San Francisco and didn't get a car. The cab ride was about $25 with tip. If you do get a car the hotel will charge you $40/night for parking so beware.

The room was clean and a good size with a full kitchen and all the essential utensils necessary for cooking if you needed to. With all the nearby food we didn't have to do any cooking and didn't want to on our weekend getaway. You are surrounded by good food so that isn't a problem. Just walk out the main door and you'll find something for everyone. The complementary breakfast at the hotel is not so good but it's free so don't expect anything special with your normal fare (cereals, oatmeal, waffles, fruit and some hot stuff) BUT they do have a self serve soda machine and juice so the kids might enjoy that.

This is the hotel to stay in if you are going to Petco Park. While we looked at the Omni, and the Marriot which is across the street from the Residence Inn, the price was right for this hotel. We are coming back in Sept. for another Giants game. We paid $125/night using our AAA discount. Oh yeah, just in case you're a toiletry snob like I am, they have Paul Mitchell products.....YAY!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for your response, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown Gaslamp Quarter. Our property is in a prime location and are pleased that our guests always have several options to chose from. We hope you will return and get to use our full size kitchen for some cooking. Thank you so much and hope to see you soon.
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn Gaslamp for a week long training a few weeks ago and it was a wonderful experience. From the moment I walked in the doors and into my beautiful suite until the moment I sadly had to leave I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I really can't think of one negative thing to say about this Hotel. The breakfast, and other food provided was excellent and well managed. The Staff was really stellar and very accommodating. And of course the location can't be beat! We walked everywhere in the Gaslamp District and found so many great local restaurants and bars. I liked the Tipsy Crow the best :). If I ever find myself back in San Diego this will be the only place I will stay. Thank you everyone for your dedication to great service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor community! We are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently participated in a weeklong conference at the Residence Inn Gaslamp and it was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed all of my interactions with the employees as they were all extremely friendly and helpful. Joanna our meeting planner was on top of every detail, and Maria and Christopher took excellect care of our group's F&B needs in the meeting room. The location can't be beat for walking to restaurants and local attractions. Great hotel!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experiences with us! Thank you especially for sharing your feedback about our meeting rentals. We hope that the next time you are in the Gaslamp you stay with us again!
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed five nights for a training class. The accommodations were very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better location in terms of walking to great restaurants and entertainment. They do a great job on food service. Marie in banquet/bkfst was delightful with her service and smiles. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Colleen M, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community! Maria is a great addition tot he Marriott family, her hard work and positive attitude is definitely noticed! Thank you for giving her a shout-out! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Gaslamp Quarter!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited the hotel for a few days, and the staff was friendly and the hotel was perfect for my needs...and wow...everything you need is in the Gaslamp District! My check in experience was great with Sara. She took time to give me the lay of the land and also point me to some nice food options that were not obvious choices in the city. While we were in a meeting at the hotel, Ebel, Christopher and Maris (? - I not sure if I remembered the name, but it was enough to make me write it down...I just can't find it) kept the meeting running with technical support and snacks and a smiling the entire time. And again I forgot the names, but every housekeeper I came across on the 5th floor was friendly, smiling and spoke when I crossed their path! Keep up the great work!

1 Thank shane d
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and wonderful review about our hotel! We are so glad that our amazing associates were able to give you "Service So Memorable!"