Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
US$236
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$256
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$225
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$328
US$299
  • Beachfront
1,312 results
All reviewspetco parkgaslamp quarterconvention centergreat locationbar viefront deskbathroom sinkfull size refrigeratorwithin walking distancevalet parkingfree breakfastmini kitchenrestaurants and barsbreakfast staffone bedroom suitetwo blocksgas lamp
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I visited this hotel for a “girl’s trip” with my Mom (she was visiting me for my birthday from Chicago). The hotel is brand new – I believe only about 3 months old (it still has a new smell to it). The lobby is really swanky and you wouldn’t think you were at a Residence Inn.
Our room had a full kitchen, with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, etc. Also, they have a great breakfast each morning (it ends a little early on the weekend – at 9:30 am.)
The best thing about the property is the location. You are right in the middle of the Gaslamp district. We parked our car and didn’t touch it for the entire time that we were there.
Overall, a great experience, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 15 January 2010

From the prompt and courteous staff, to the clean fresh rooms and hot breakfast this was the best residence inn i've have ever stayed at, and i've stayed at residence inn's all over the country for business travel. The hotel is very well designed, and offers a full bar with food that was actually comparable to the restaurants in the Gaslamp! Also, the bed was supremely comfortable as i got some of the best sleep i've ever had!

Thank you residence inn gaslamp!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank acepatrol
Reviewed 24 December 2009

We stayed here on two different weekends and loved it. On arrival they saw we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and cheerfully upgraded us to a one bedroom suite on the 11th floor. The breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, different breads, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt and fruit. The hotel does only offer valet parking (all hotels in area only offer paid parking) but since it is in the Gaslight district a car isn't totally necessary since public transportation is available. A taxi ride cost $11.80 plus tip from the airport, I do wish it had a shuttle service available to the airport. Many restaurants, pubs, and bars are within walking distance, we had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. There is a CVS Pharmacy and a Borders bookstore and a liquor store called the The Wine Rack within a block of the hotel. We found the hotel very quiet, we stayed on the 11th floor the first time and the 8th floor on our second visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scooterpie66
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Answers to the following requests:

I requested a quite room, ability to wash, dry clothing and list of television channels when speaking over the telephone to front-desk supervisor and when meeting with her in person. The staff did not deliver.

Morning of 20th of December and middle of the night 21st of December I informed front desk staff about the constant knocking and slamming of the door by the "guests" in the room next door only to have the hotel, or guests on their own, quite the rude and disruptive behavior by 0430.

At 0430 on the 21st of December, I staggered to the door, after hearing knocking on a door, saw hotel staff knocking on another room door and asked why he was looking into the wrong guests. The Loss Prevention Manager stated that he was investigating the room from which marijuana smoke was emanating. "Don't you smell the pot," he asked." He soon realized that this crowd of adult men was bouncing from room to room with my "Suite" in the middle. You will probably have your room comp'ed, he explains. I told him that as a corporate traveler that is not a small comfort and does nothing for me.

At eight AM on the 21st of December, I heard door knocking from a distance approach my room only to have housekeeping knock on my door and ask if I was checking out. When I asked if it was necessary or SOP for the hotel, she showed me a checklist of rooms and said it was.

After explaining on the 20th of December that their bath soap is too harsh and stating that their hand soap is my preference, house keeping left me a tiny soap to shuttle between shower and vanity in the middle of the "suite."

My room key expired on the 20th of December, a day before my departure, it took several calls by hotel staffer and one from myself to front desk before they were able to confirm I should be allowed into hotel room.

After enquiring with front desk about the breakfast, I was sent to the second floor only to be told I missed it by half an hour.

After asking for the newspaper, staff stated “that pile of newspapers is what the guests have done with the papers. You can go through the pile if you'd like." When I asked for a complete newspaper I was told to see front desk. There was no one at front desk and, not unlike previous morning, there were no newspapers in the lobby.

On the morning of the 21st of December, I asked for directions to Interstate 5 North through the maze of one-way streets only to receive a pretty pre-printed card which gets one to airport terminal via city streets and not Hancock Street, via Interstate 5 North, where I had a rental car to return.

When attempting to wash and dry clothing I experienced the following, washing machines were sub-par and twice as expensive as at other Residence Inns. Dryer lint traps were full of lint, pulped paper and hair. I speculate that "guests" kept turning off the dryer as the laundry room is only three feet away from three guest "suites." I was not able to dry my sneakers before heading to the airport since guests did not allow dryer to run.

After explaining to hotel staff that I did not have the list of channels they rushed a binder with list of channels that is not cross-referenced to a number, I could not determine if CNBC is channel 5, 8, 99 or 12.

Bathroom vanity is in the middle of the suite and tissue paper hidden away on the bottom shelf where I noticed it when checking for my belongings before checkout.

For a hotel that offers no shuttle to airport, it charges $35 for parking.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank hayzeus29
Reviewed 15 December 2009

We stayed at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter for a long weekend. The hotel had only been open a week when we arrived and everything was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. The hotel provided a hot breakfast daily and has the only full service bar/restaurant in any Residence Inn. They also have a manager's reception although we didn't take advantage of it.

It is in the hear of the Gaslamp Quarter not far from the convention center so there was quite a bit of activity within walking distance.

One drawback of the hotel is that the only available parking is valet and is $32.00 per night.

The do have a pool on the third floor roof but it holds 11 people and is 36" deep so don't plan on doing much more than standing in waist deep water.

All-in-All, it was a nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends