“5 is for best pizza in SD”
Review of Pizzeria Luigi

Pizzeria Luigi
Ranked #702 of 4,751 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“5 is for best pizza in SD”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I love their pizza- the tomato sauce reminds me of italy(the toppings do not ,lol). They have great pizza, thin crispy crust with unique flavor combinations although their Hawaiian pizza is one of my faves an hands down the best version i have ever had. I come here usually once a month and its always tasty- i dont think i have a had a slice i dont like! They also have a decent beer selection

helpful notes:

- they are cash only, but liquor store next door has ATM. slices are about 2-3 bucks each.

-for thicker crust pizza do filippis-this is for thin crust; it barely edges out bronx pizza

-you can eat in or get to go, patio area for pets
- you walk up to order, place order and pay then get seat(they will call your name when ready)

• Visited November 2013

Tracy, CA
“Love the thin crust”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Saw this on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives so we searched it out when we came to San Diego for a soccer tournament. The pizza was amazing! My favorite part is the thin crust. I also like the combinations of set topping they have. We had the Michelangelo with no bell peppers. Great combo of spinach, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes & olives. My son had a calzone which had ricotta cheese in it to make it so perfectly cheesy & creamy it was incredible. We will definitely will come back here!!

Visited July 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Goooood Pizza!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I'm born and raised in NYC and NJ so finding good pizza outside the NY/NJ area is a challenge. A challenge that I try to fullfill on every out of town visit I take. Living in Cali makes it difficult! Went out of my way to go to Pizzeria Luigi because of DDD and so glad I did. Ordered a large Cheese pie, the classic. Great crust, thin, crispy...delicious sauce and just the right amount. Flavorful and adequate cheese. Just delicious. A large cheese pie is $14.50, but you can get two slices and a soda for $6... they have a plenty of toppings and unique topping combinations. I'll Have to try the eggplant pizza next time. I don't drink beer but it seemed as though they have plenty of choices both bottled and on tap. You can get the 2 slice special with a beer for $8. Great service, they have board games and dominoes on a shelf in the corner for guests to enjoy while they hang out... Warning -- two slices is NOT enough...just order a whole pie...

• Visited August 2013
Noblesville, IN
“Good food, neighborhood questionable”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I went to this restaurant on a recommendation, not expecting anything fancy but a decent slice of pizza. It was definitely good food, inexpensive. The only thing I would caution is that the neighborhood had bars on the windows. I didn't necessarily feel it was the best place to take my kids at night. Wish I had known in advance.

• Visited April 2013
“Delicious”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

They sell pizza by the slice, which is great because you can try different types. All the choices we tried were very tasty. We got the $6 deal of two slices and a soft drink.

Visited February 2013