“Busy place on Saturday night”
Review of Pizzeria Luigi

Pizzeria Luigi
Ranked #585 of 5,142 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This place was very close to the hotel I was staying at and was recommended by the hotel staff. We had soft drinks and a pizza, fed five people for around twenty dollars plus tip. The pizza was hot, fresh and with a thin crispy crust. I observed most customers were not ordering a whole pizza, but two slices of a wide selection of pre-made pizzas. Food was served with paper plates, and soft drinks were in styrofoam cups. There was a signed art painted on the wall that said Guy Ate Here, from the popular tv show, Guy from Diners Drive-ins and dives .

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The pizza was great with crispy crust and not too greasy. We were there on a busy weekend and the place was crowded. The lady at the counter heard me tell my daughter she couldn't have a particular combination of toppings because it wasn't available in single slice orders. She told me they would make it to order for her even though it wasn't on the menu. Awesome customer service!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

While drawn to Pizzeria Luigi by Diners, Drive Ins and Dives (which was reinforced by my son's recommendation), we were terribly disappointed by our visit to their El Cajon Boulevard location. At 12:45 on a Friday afternoon, the place was all but deserted, a sure sign that something is amiss at the height of lunch hour. The pizzas on hand were so dried out and old looking that we decided to leave without trying their pizza. In fairness to Pizzeria Luigi, my son has eaten at their 25th Street location and said it was excellent and one of the best in San Diego. But no one who saw the pizzas being served on our visit to their El Cajon location would have had that opinion.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I do like this place but they need to get a better system to order . Long line due to a bad order system is just annoying . It should be get your order in and sit down , not wait lie 20 min. To order . Ok I for that out . The pizza is good by SAN Diego standards. For sure. Lots of choices and a good slice special . 2 slices and a drink . Based on the drink it will run. From $6 with a soda and $10 with a good beer . Good crust And toppings make it worth the trip. Just need to get the order system right and they'would sell lots more. Heck I did it again .

Reviewed 19 January 2014

First trip to the west coast, so we didn't know what to expect with regard to pizza (we're from NY and NJ). Luigi's did not disappoint!