“Rude! Unacceptable!”

Kelly's Steakhouse and Irish Pub
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Description: Mission Valley tradition for over 30 years, serving Steaks, Prime Rib and the tastiest Ribs and Chicken around. Kelly’s proudly features select hand cut steaks, chops, pork, beef , chicken as well as Kelly’s famous slow roasted prime rib. We pains-takenly prepare salmon and pasta dishes that will make your mouth water .In the evenings, the cocktail lounge is filled with song when the piano bar comes alive as the crowd joins in the serenade.
Stuttgart, Germany
“Rude! Unacceptable!”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I went to Kelly's after a San Diego winery tour, very excited for a steak and potato to sober up since I safely made it home with public transportation. I went in to the restaurant around 7 pm and since I was alone, it was suggested that maybe I would be more comfortable in the bar area since there was more and tvs and more noise; I agreed and sat at the bar. Then my waitress, Bridget, came up and asked if I had had anything to drink- of course I had and I needed some food! She said that she couldn't serve me because she thought I had slurred; well I NEVER asked for alcohol; all I wanted was a steak and potato and she denied me service! This is completely unacceptable and I expect her to be talked to by her authorities accordingly.

“Best Prime Rib on Hotel Circle. Tues $17.50”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

If you are staying on Hotel Circle or are just a local to Mission Valley you should drop by. Alma is one of the best bartenders I've had in a while and can even play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star one the piano bar. Melody will keep you happy if you are sitting in the dining room.

“Best customer service in town”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Drove from the north county due to frienda review. Melody was one of the most attentive and personable waitresses I've ever had. Food was wonderful and Melody made sure everything was cooked to my perfection! Will definitely be back.

San Diego, California
“Great Local Hangout!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I met a friend of mine here for the first time this evening for dinner and drinks to celebrate an excellent day at work, and we were very pleasantly surprised. We prefer spots with a comfortable ambiance, lacking an abundance of fluorescent lighting, where we can have good food and a couple of drinks and catch up, and this place fit the bill exactly. We had a couple glasses of wine, shared the mushroom appetizer, a salad, and chocolate cake, and enjoyed it all. Our favorite part was our fabulous waitress Bridget, who is gem. She made excellent recommendations, was patient with our idiosyncrasies, and added (which does not happen everywhere) to our celebratory mood. My friend and I agreed that we have found our new hangout, and will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Lousy food”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Thirty years ago it had fabulous food; not it is not so. The piano man will let anybody sing whether they can sing or not. He should be more discriminating so we can enjoy the music.