“Great way to spend some time”

Mission Beach Boardwalk
Book In Advance
More Info
US$40.00*
and up
La Jolla Coast Bike Tour with Downhill Ride from Mt Soledad
Ranked #33 of 426 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Biking, jogging and skating on San Diego's scenic waterfront path is popular with tourists and locales alike.
Minneapolis, MN
525 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 675 helpful votes
“Great way to spend some time”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great walk from here up to Pacific Beach. Lots of rental properties to check out. Ride a bike like the locals. Good time.

Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“I needed more time”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I happened to stumble upon this place even though I was hoping I'd be able to visit. I had time before my whale watch and didn't realize it was so close to that area so I was able to pop in for a while and check it out. So glad it was such a beautiful day (which I'm sure always seems to be the norm in San Diego).
Parking was interesting since it appears to be quite packed on the streets and the lots on the weekends.
The beach was also pretty packed. I just wish I would have had more time to actually hang out and enjoy it to it's fullest extent.

San Diego
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Can't miss run/walk/bike”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

THIS boardwalk can be the reason so many visitors and residents love San Diego. There are beach towns around the world. There are some with beautiful 12 months a year weather. There are even some with a concrete boardwalk walk along a beach. Nothing can match this 2+ mile, 1 hour slow walk for even the less than perfectly healthy person.
The Mission Beach Boardwalk starts at the Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach going to the Mission Beach Jetty. It has the combo of beach on the west side and some great and not so architecture on the east just steps away. This is a beach community that can get on your wish list. It even has a small Belmont Park amusement area with a 1920's wooden Rolling Coaster
And if the crowds get way too big in the summer on the ocean (oh, they will), walk less than 1/2 mile east and one can find plan B. The spectacular Mission BAY walk/bike/run.

5 Thank jackswalley
Queen Creek, Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun day”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went on a Saturday recently with my sisters.It was perfect weather. Had no problem finding a parking spot, lucky I guess. Shops were good.. Courtyard was lovely. Fun performers on the boardwalk with a beautiful view of the ocean and boats. Look forward to another visit.

Bakersfield, California
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Beautifully designed boardwalk.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just returned from trip to San Diego. We bicycled the boardwalk . We parked in large free parking along the boardwalk by Mission Bay RV Park. There are bathrooms, playgrounds, picnic areas all along the boardwalk. All parking is free and there is plenty of it. There are a couple of places to rent bikes, kayaks and paddle boats. This is an all purpose path meaning cyclists and pedestrians share the path. Posted speed limits vary between 5 and 8 mph. We did our first ride on the weekend, and we rode all the way to Pacific Beach. Be aware that the boardwalk is very congested on the weekends! We rode a second time on the following Monday, and it was more enjoyable ride. I must add that the pedestrians on this boardwalk were very aware it is a shared path, and they didn't sprawl out across the entire path as they do here in Bakersfield where I live. However, on weekends you will be weaving in and out among other people on the path quite frequently. It is a beautiful area and we will return.

Visited February 2014