“Love Great Finds”

Indigo Cafe
Cuisines: American
“Love Great Finds”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Got stuck at the airport and stayed at a hotel nearby so I really didn't know what was around. The front desk clerk guided me to Indigo Cafe. The menu is on the window so I had a chance to see right away the variety. I entered and music was playing, lots of energy in this little place. I sat outside since it was a beautiful day. I ordered the Shrimp Po Boy and had a choice of sweet potato fries, which normally is considered an upgrade with an extra charge, but was included. Food came quickly. My waitress kept refilling my pink lemonade, which I thought at first I wouldn't need but ended up with four refills. She was so sweet and let me take my time. My Po Boy had pickles on it, which was a nice twist to the sauce, red onions, and cabbage. Delicious! Since my departure flight is late, I plan on getting a wrap or sandwich for dinner for the red eye home.

Visited June 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem, Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stumbled upon this place after getting into town and was famished. After researching restaurants that were in the area and a little off the beaten path, I found Indigo. If you have the opportunity to stop in here, this place is a must.

The first time I went I had the breakfast burrito and and it was fantastic. My server, Dane, was attentive, friendly and gave me lots of great info about the food. Their guacamole is out of this world, and the tortilla that the burrito came in was made at Indigo. I had a few Bloody Marys before they ran out of tomato juice (hey, it's Sunday. That's OK) and was pleasantly surprised when my bill came to find that the prices were MORE than fair. There were families, couples, and lots of people in when I was there and it created a nice atmosphere.

The second time I went I got the blackened swordfish with rice and beans and started with the spicy tortilla soup. Both were fantastic. The best part about my second experience was my waiter, whom I believe is also the owner, ordered for me when I told him I wasn't sure what I wanted. I loved that and it made a nice experience. Also, he kept refilling my wine glass without asking and also brought over a dessert tray on his own accord. Stellar service.

Get past the ascetic of this place (which isn't great) and you'll enjoy a fantastic meal with excellent, attentive service.

• Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“Only good restaurant in this area”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

For years I have seen restaurants come and go in this location. Finally Gretchen and partner were able to make a successful go of it.

The menu is creative. The décor is very New Orleans The food is generally very tasty but lately the appetizers have diminished in size. I have always wandered why they don't stalk their bar better and the waiters don't receive training as mixologists.

Nevertheless, "it is a pretty good eat." The people in the restaurant are always nice.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome Gaslamp Cafe oh and they have drinks!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Been here more times than I can count, not sure why I have not reviewed them earlier. I figured some of you whom may be traveling to San Diego would like to know a nice spot in Downtown. They are located on Cortez Hill and there is plenty of metered parking. If you manage down after 6pm meters are free. They go for a kinda of blues cajun creole 'ish type theme. Overall most food is pretty good and there prices are right on par. Good spot to grab a bloodymary and some grub and head out into the city. They are open for breakfast lunch and dinner; everyone is pretty friendly. Most of their staff has been there for years and there never seems to be a wait. Give them a try you won't regret it. Oh and if your local they cater was well.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Casual diner with the decor to match”
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our way back from Balboa park. It's unassuming from the outside, we almost walked right past it. The menu is good with typical diner options like burgers, salads and sandwiches. The service was quick and friendly. However the restaurant itself is in need of a facelift. It doesn't seem that clean inside. The booths are cracked and the tablecloths are dirty. The ceiling is very low and also cracked. In sum, solid diner food but an ambiance that left me wanting.