“Loved it, But Still Can't Give it An Excellent”
Review of Enoteca Adriano

Enoteca Adriano
Ranked #158 of 4,765 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Loved it, But Still Can't Give it An Excellent”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am very stingy with my ratings of "Excellent" but this restaurant comes close. By the way, this restaurant is NOT in San Diego, it's north in Pacific Beach. Our party of four was greeted promptly and taken to our table, where bread and water were promptly served, then our waitress kind of disappeared for a while. No big deal. They have a nice wine list which is fairly priced. Our appetizer (Barrata of the day) was delicious as was my entree which was the special pasta (tortellini with meat in a cream sauce. A red sauce would have been much better). The other three meals were very bland and that's the only reason I can't give this place an excellent rating. The salmon with gnocchi was nothing special and the Capellini Pomodoro and Papparadelle Bolognese were equally uninspiring. I've actually had much better in Sheboygan, WI at Stefano's. I would definitely go back, but would lower my expectations a bit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mywinetutor

“Casual surroundings, sure to please”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

EA is in an unpretentious place in a beachy community near La Jolla; the atmosphere fits the neighborhood. The food (serves dinner only) is consistently good, and for good reason the restaurant has a lot of regulars . . . . reservations are recommended. The pasta dishes are my favorite; burrata dishes are especially popular. The chef Franco's "grandmother's lasagna" (offered Wednesdays only) is the best I know of and my friends are repeaters of the spaghetti con polpette (meatballs). Sounds pedestrian, but is anything but. Specials are offered each night, are varied and are outstanding. Yes, I am a fan of this place.

• Visited October 2013
Alaska
“A hidden jewel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Megan at the Pacific Terrace Hotel suggested we might like Enoteca Adriano and did we ever. We were there on a Friday night and it was crowded but they found us a table for three. We had our grandson with us and the owner/chef came to our table and asked how we had enjoyed the meal and told our grandson that if he liked it, then the chef had been successful. It's a personal, small restaurant and was lit with outside lights or we might not have even found it. We had two entrees and an appetizer which were amazing. A definite stop for anyone in the Pacific Beach area.

Visited October 2013
Redondo Beach, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Italian!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

this place is tucked away in the middle of nowhere on Cass St. It is a very charming place with delicious smells coming from the kitchen, great ambiance, and friendly staff. We made a resv as they were pretty booked but arrived early and were seated pretty promptly as peak dinner hour was winding down.

The Barrata was amazing as were the 2 pasta dishes we ordered. The service was excellent. The wines by the glass selection was also fantastic!
We had a great dinner and were very happy with that the check was so reasonable. I highly recommend you try this place!

Visited October 2013
Broken Arrow OK
“Good Food and Menu”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This place has good food and menu choices with interesting specials. The quality of the pasta was very fresh and good. Nice place, no sodas. Had to skip the pope's pillow for another time, the food was plentiful. The meat ragu with the wide noodles was excellent. More authentic Itallian, less Americanized version. Good experience.

• Visited September 2013