“Once again what a great real Italian Ristorante”
Review of Enoteca Adriano

Enoteca Adriano
Ranked #184 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Being there before, we brought my San Deigo friends this time with my family, we started with 2 types is Burrata , exallent, the waitress Lynn & Rachel we professional & wonderful , the special pasta that evening was pappardelle with braised rib ragu, was deli-shies, my wife had the Chilean sea bass with ink of squid pasta, superb, all my kids love the gnocchi & shrimp stuffed ravioli a must, I must say the grilled steak was outstanding , the best I had in a long time , my friends all agree WOW. Franco the chef owner, what ever he dose is magic, very friendly, come out of his kitchen and make sure all this clients are taken care off ( what a chef ) it take one to know one about Italian food , the popes pillow is my very Favourite dessert also the cream brûlée , going to see them again this week before we leave for Canada , BRAVO again Franco you out did your self again. :)

There are newer reviews for Enoteca Adriano

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I wish we would have made reservations at the front end of our trip to Pacific Beach because I would have returned for another meal. Quaint, cozy outstanding Italian food very reasonably priced for the quality of the food

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I came across this place on the way back to our car after surfing at Pacific Beach. We weren't sure if it was open to the public because there seemed to be a large bridal shower going on, but we saw an elderly couple enjoying a romantic lunch on their patio so we inquired. Luckily, they were open for lunch solely because of the bridal shower so they seated us.

We sat on their lovely patio which is covered. I can imagine how bustling this place must be during dinner so I recommend making reservations!

The food and service here are phenomenal. The burrata - fresh buffalo mozzarella - is their house specialty and ours came served with fig and balsamic reduction which was amazing. I love the complimentary house bread that they serve which is basically miniature cheese paninis sliced into bite-size pieces. Yum! I am glad the waitress told us about it because we were going to order the bruschetta and it would have been too much bread (not that there really is such a thing as "too much bread", but still).

The wine list here is pretty spectacular and I love that they have descriptions for which wine pairs best with what dish. We both had a glass of white and red through the course of our meal and enjoyed both.

Main course consisted of the Pappardelle Dolci for my husband and a cross between the Spaghetti Alio e Olio and Capellini Pomodoro for myself. Why the cross? Well, I initially wanted the capellini pomodoro, but thought it might be too much chunky tomato so I opted for the spaghetti. The spaghetti was good on it's own, but was a bit on the dry side for me so I ordered the pomodoro on the side and the waitress was kind enough to accommodate me. She recommended that in the future I could order the capellini and say "easy tomato" so it could be prepared to my liking. I appreciated the fact that she noted that. Their pasta is very fresh and all the ingredients are bright and flavorful.

I will definitely be back here on future visits and have already recommended it to some friends that will be visiting from Chicago in July!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

If this were in my hometown, I might want to eat there everyday...ok, at least once a week! Definitely get the Burrata, the special with fig reduction was amazing. All of the entrees were fantastic, Sea Bass cooked to perfection. The sauces were amazing, wish I could bottle them and take them home!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Small restaurant with pleasant outside and inside seating. Start your meal with one of their famous Burratas--mozzarella cheese with on inventive topping, such as peaches in a balsamic reduction. The menu is short, but everything we have had there is outsanding. The wait staff is informal, but attemtive.