“Train Tour with Marti”

La Jolla Wine Tours San Diego Beer and Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 105 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: La Jolla Wine Tours / San Diego Beer and Wine Tours offer unique, green, fun tours throughout San Diego County. Sample the best of San Diego's beer, wine and food while relaxing on the train, strolling by foot, or being chauffeur driven. Offerings:Beer and Winery Train Tours; Walking Tours; Brewery and Winery Chauffeured Tours; Wine and Beer Tasting Parties; Grape Stomp Fun; Vineyard Adventures and Holiday Events. Ideal for: Singles, groups, couples, bachelor(ette), birthday, corporate celebrations, everyone! Tours are available daily, year round. Transportation options are available for all events. With the help of our expert guides you’ll have an inside track to San Diego’s best beer, wine and food!
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Myself and 3 of my friends who haven't seen each other for 15 years all met up in San Diego because we've never been and planned our trip around wine tasting, and I stumbled upon this one and this was the plan. We had a wonderful and fun time on our tour with Marti, unforgettable! My favorite wine on the tour was by Witch Creek Winery, I love sweet wine and they had lots to choose from. The train ride was quite an experience too, the Padre fans were AWESOME :) Overall, I would recommend this to all and anyone who is in the San Diego area, you won't be disappointed, I Promise :) Marti is the best tour guide, very fun and knowledgeable :)

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"great tour"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a fantastic time on our recent chauffeured wie tour. May 9, 2014. Picked up at our condo, and immediately felt cared for and informed about the history of wine making in San Diego. All three wineries were amazing, from a farmers market and winery in Rancho Bernardo at the first stop, to a small boutique. Great fruit and cheese platter and amazing Pizza! Diana was superb!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The idea to combine wine tasting with local cuisine is fantastic. Marti was incredibly knowledgeable about all wines, and wine regions, grapes -anything you never knew about wine, she knows. I have done a few tastings at wineries, and you appreciate ones that taste nice, but to have them with food and understand why it goes with that food is the most practical way to taste wines. Also, the walking part of the tour allowed you to move around, not have to drive, and see the lovely town of LaJolla. The places we went for food did not disappoint. I was skeptical of the Italian place at the beach, but it was delicious!! Our time in each place was relaxed, everyone enjoyed their wine, it was a pretty chill tour. I think we got a super deal with the amount of wine, and food on this tour. If you are staying anywhere near San Diego, to Carlsbad, this tour is more than worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We decided to see some wineries while on our honeymoon and picked randomly, it was the best random decision we have ever made becuase Paul Anthony was the best guide I have ever had! Extremely informative, professional, personable and good looking!!! Hands down the best wine tour I have had.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a fabulous time on the chauffeured wine tour. We got to see another glimpse of San Diego. Our guide, Paul Anthony was great. Last year we went on the wine train tour which we also enjoyed thoroughly. We would recommend either tour to those looking at tours around the San Diego area!