Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Amazing!

This was my first trip to San Diego and to a winery. This tour was unbelievable with views that... read more

Reviewed yesterday
GrandTour636832
Excellent small brewery tour

This tour provided an excellent selection of 4 small breweries with flights of 4-6 tastings at each... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Wander45356285397
Honolulu, Hawaii

1,085 results
All reviews the coaster train tour wine tasting paul anthony urban wineries different wineries solana beach la jolla witch creek an italian restaurant carlsbad village old town second stop great tour would highly recommend this tour small group great afternoon
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This was a fabulous day filled with 3 fantastic wineries, great wine, great information and a charming host. Thank you Tiffany for being our chauffeur and guide. I especially enjoyed the first two wineries- some excellent wines for even the most discerning tastes. My friends and I liked the opportunity to choose our wines at the first stop, the information a great wine at the second stop and the food, view and ambiance of the third stop. Plus great tunes in the van on the way home. A memorable day.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We did the wine train tour and I have to say I was mostly impressed to find out the great Coaster train California has. it really reminded me of Europe's Regional trains so kudos on that.
As far as the tour, The tour guide was ok.... I didn't think she was as informative and talkative as I would have wanted. We literally would sit for wine tasting and we'd be left to chat with the other people attending the tour. Id have wanted to hear more about the location we were at, the wine, processes, but the processes were not explained. The meal/lunch was great though. very nice location and restaurant ambiance. some of the people attending this tour were loud and talked about random stuff like football and asked me personal questions. I did not like this at all.
I have taken winery tours in Italy and for sure this was below par level to my taste.

LaJollaWineTours, Owner at San Diego Beer, Wine & Spirits Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry that your tour didn't meet your expectations. We make every effort to provide wonderful experiences for everyone. It's extremely important to us that we keep to the high standards of excellence that we are known for.

I’m glad to hear you were impressed with the Coaster train ride; with the beautiful coastal views! I'm also glad that you enjoyed the lunch and that you loved the restaurant ambiance and location.

I’m sorry that you felt your tour guide was not as informative or as talkative as you would have liked. We try to accommodate all of our guests' individual needs and preferences by creating a balance of entertaining commentary on local history, and viticulture, a wine tasting presentation, and a behind the scenes into the wine making process, with free time to relax, explore the wineries, and to socialize (as desired) with your tour guide and group.

We do have a variety of people that come from many different backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive tour company where all are welcome. We’re sorry that you found some of the guests in your group to be loud, and that they asked personal questions you were uncomfortable with. Our tour guides are experts in bringing everyone from all different backgrounds together so you have a super fun time. Often our guests meet new friends that they do not want to part with and continue the party even after the tour! We're sorry this was not your experience. Our goal is to bring joy to our guests with the best tasting and sightseeing experience that San Diego has to offer.

We hope you'll give us another chance to show you how amazing our tours can be. If I can be of any further help, I invite you to contact me personally at 858-551-5115.

Shira Bliss
Owner, San Diego Beer, Wine and Spirits Tours

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our guide was "PARIS". He provided a lot of information and a very smooth tour. I would rate this tour a "10". I've been on several tours and they don't measure up at all.
The food was good and the wine was GREAT. I plan to take this tour again and would "HIGHLY" recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The tour guide Marti was great, full of knowledge! She knows the area and knows her wine, well worth the experience! I would recommend this tour for a fun excursion to get to know the area and what it has to offer!

1  Thank Svrabel
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Started at the old town trolley station and travelled north on the train to Carlsbad to visit 2 urban wineries and enjoy a light lunch. Carried on south to another winery and ended back in old town for our last winery. Great wine, excellent guide (Marti) and very interesting and informative tasting rooms. This was a unique tour, good value and I would recommend it.