Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim
Book In Advance
Book a Tour
Ranked #51 of 259 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-Day, Expert-Guided Tour from San Diego to La Jolla and Torrey Pines. Amazing Scenery. Fascinating History. Includes driver & guide for a better experience. Join our optional walking tours or take free time to explore on your own. See 360-degree views from one of the highest hilltops along the Southern California coast, multi-million dollar mansions, sea lions, seals, pelicans, cormorants, paragliders flying off ocean cliffs, and the Torrey Pines Golf Course, home to the 2008 & 2021 U.S. Opens. Learn about the history of pioneering women, famous residents, aviation, geology, architecture, military, interesting trees and more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Super Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was our first time to the San Diego area. Our concierge at our hotel recommended this tour rather then us renting a car and trying to see the area . So glad we took her advise as we covered so much ground in one afternoon ( 5+ hours) and learned so much. We could not have seen this much on our own as we did not know the area and parking would have been a problem in many places. Tim was great as a tour guide. He had a driver so he could take care of us the entire time.
He was very knowledgable and was most accommodating. He was able to answer about any question anyone ask him. He was enthusiastic and did everything he could to make this a great tour. We would highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to see the San Diego coastal area including Torrey Pines golf course, La Jolla, seal cove and the beautiful vistas and beaches in the area. You will not be disappointed or bored as he keeps it very entertaining.

Visited April 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Once Again With Tour Guide Tim!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Today I had the pleasure of taking the Coastal San Diego Tour with Tour Guide Tim for the SECOND time! Took the tour with Tim last year and loved it so much that I made a point of taking the tour again. It doesn't get any better than that! Tim is an excellent guide and the tour is an excellent value, as well! Simply, a great way to spend an afternoon while visiting San Diego. Don't miss it!

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Tour guide Tim is very pleasant and knowledgeable. He made the most of a rainy day, was flexible with the schedule and kept everyone's spirits up. Highly recommend!

Visited February 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
“Bad news.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very disappointed to receive a call from Tour Guide Tim 26 hours before my tour advising my tour was being cancelled because we were the only ones to sign up. I appreciated the personal phone call vs email and his offer of assistance. Still for us we cancelled and rescheduled other activities to accomidate this tour schedule only to get cancelled. Lesson learned for me is to book with a large enough tour company that will operate regardless. Sarcastically thinking, I hope my airline has enough folks signed up for my flight later today.

Visited March 2014
TourGuideTim, Owner at Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
I do feel bad and don't take it lightly cancelling a tour. In the past I could run tours with 1 or 2 guests knowing I could make up for it during busier times of year. However, larger competitors have recently created new tours that cover parts of the coastal area and are only running weekday tours during those busier times I used to rely on. Unlike some others, I do run the coastal tour weekdays year-round and we use both a driver and a guide in order to provide a better experience for guests. On the rare occasion it appears we may not have more than a couple guests, I will reach out to see if they are flexible in changing dates or assist them in finding an alternative activity or another way to visit the areas seen on the tour. Ironically, I have had quite a few guests who were booked with larger operators end up taking our tour because the larger operators also cancel tours. I assume most operators try to avoid cancelling tours but I will take it personally on the rare occasion it might occur and do whatever I can to help guests have a great time in San Diego.
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Probably the best guided tour I have been on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

No problem clicking on the 5 Star rating here. Very warm welcome and very cool bus. Tim was really interesting and knowledgeable and as someone says on an earlier review it really is like an old friend is showing you round. There is flexibility built in to meet individual needs but this does not impinge on anyone else. We heard and saw so much about wild life, celebrities, the locality, architecture, history, art - everything you could wish for. Very comfortable and very relaxing and a real treat of a day. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Thank you Tim!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Drusilla D

Travellers who viewed Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim also viewed

Been to Coastal San Diego Tours to La Jolla & Torrey Pines with TourGuideTim? Share your experiences!