“Tour of Little Italy”
Review of Little Italy Tours

Little Italy Tours
Ranked #9 of 103 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer historical and food tours in Little Italy, San Diego.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I resently took a tour of Little Italy on a beautiful Saturday morning. We were greeted by tour guide Anthony, who is orginially from Italy and speaks fluid Italian. We started off from the being of the settlers in little Italy to the present, which was 2 1/2 hrs, of the tour. Along the way we had a delicious pastry from Italy, delicious pizza, pasta and gelato. He told and showed the history of Little Italy, which was very informitive. I've lived in San Diego for 16 1/2 yrs. and am stilling learning about this city. I would recommended this tour and any other tours of San Diego and surrounding areas to every visitor and residience. Anthony was a great guide and very informative.
Parking is a problem, but if you take the Trolley from Old Town, it's just 10 mins. to Little Italy. And on Saturdays from 9 -1 is one of the best Farmer's Markets in San Diego.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This walking tour is only done on Saturday morning - at the same time the huge Farmer's Market is in full swing. Be sure to get there early to be able to find a place to park that's not too far away. We started out with a yummy pastry while the tour director/owner, Anthony, supplied us all with headsets and he talked as we walked. Unless he got too far ahead, we could hear all he said. He was entertaining, knowledgeable and gracious. I was amazed at his ability to remember so many names We learned a lot about the history of the area and then ended up getting a slice of pizza and some pasta - ummm. And topped it off with gelato at a different place.

It was a beautiful day - not too hot. But I use a walker and have trouble walking any distance and couldn't always keep up. At the end of the tour, we went up a hill and that turned out to be my undoing. My son and I went back down the hill and sat and waited for them outside the restaurant where we were to have our pizza. If you have any trouble walking, I don't recommend it. My son would like to do it again on his own or with someone without a walking problem so he can hear and see the parts we missed.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We love doing tours of our county of residence. It is so interesting to learn new things about where we live. I saw this tour on Groupon and purchased it for my family of 4 for a Saturday morning at 10am. The weather was beautiful and the walking was minimal. We loved our tour guide Anthony. He was very knowledgeable and knew a lot about the history of Little Italy. We were also given headsets to better hear him speak. You did have to make sure you were within range or you would get static but I made sure to stay close. I loved the stories and even meeting the people throughout the streets. As for the "taste" of Italy, we started out trying some pastries at Cafe Zucherro. After the tour, we were given a slice of pizza and a soda, some yummy pasta, and we went back to the Cafe for gelato. It was all just great! I would recommend the tour. And I will definitely go back to the area to visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This isn't so much a "food" tour and a neighborhood history tour. There is (good) food involved, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn how much Italians were involved in early San Diego history from a very interesting guide, Anthony. Well worth spending a Saturday morning here. Leave early to find parking, due to the weekly farmer's market.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

You will feel very warmly welcomed to Little Italy, San Diego! This tour is very educational and fun. They provide tasty food and loads of information for the area.