“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family run italian bistro
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our group ate at Charisma for the first time and it was possibly the best Italian food in San Diego County. The Bruschetta was as I expected, simple and delicious. The Rigatoni Carbonara with pecorino cheese was the best I have had outside of Italy and the presentation was a delight. My tablemates had the Tagliatelle Bolognese, Chicken Parigiana, and Pacceri Charisma and were quite happy although I did try a small sampling of the Bolognese and couldn’t taste the carrots or the celery. Please move to the north county (San Marcos) area so can go often.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We recently had dinner at "Piatti" in La Jolla- which was not bad, but we always come back to Charisma! The food is wonderful, the service stellar and we always enjoy ourselves! We've ordered the calamari "Misto", mini-pizza, Carpaccio and mussel appetizers and they are all very good. The pastas and entrees we've ordered have never disappointed and the tiramisu and panna cotta have been glorious! We will always come back!

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across Charisma whilst looking for a place to eat. The welcome and atmosphere was warm, with suitably chilled background music too! The menu selection was varied with a couple of daily specials on offer. Presentation of main courses - served on large round wooden chopping boards, along withother creative touches, added their unique creativity to the overall service. Most importantly the food was spot in and washed down with a lovely bottle of Prosecco!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a neighborhood place for us; my wife and I live two blocks away. We first visited in the first week it was open and have returned regularly ever since. Great Italian food, cooked as you want it. Hillcrest had literally hundreds of good restaurants, of every type and food style, but this is a place for great Italian comfort food. it is smallish and the tiki bar next door can be annoying, but one goes to a restaurant to eat, and you do that well at Charisma. Great risotto, a nice buratta as an appetizer, perfect baked chicken parm - there is plenty more and if you don't see it on the menu, just ask. The perfect place to relax and enjoy good Italian!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Very polite staff, Marco is a great person, always smiling to clients, as italian the food is superb, I recomend the fusilli Pastorella, unique taste, the Armeli wine is one of The best I had in my entire life! I highly recomend this restaurant