“Good location near shopping and attractions.”

Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
Ranked #152 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Good location near shopping and attractions.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard for a weekend getaway. Check-in was easy and the staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a refrigerator but the room lacked a microwave. The lobby was quite busy but the rooms were nice and quiet. The hotel had one on-site restaurant, which we did not use. Parking costs $18 per day which I thought was excessive since the hotel next door does not charge for parking. Overall, good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Kim 6612,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we hope you visit us again soon!
Veronica Butler.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently needed some extra assistance in prepping a co-worker's itinerary. Troy was very helpful during the process. I hope I need to book this hotel, again, soon, as he was a joy to work with. It is always a pleasure to deal with those interested in "going the extra mile" to be kind and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
veronica b, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Barbara N,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for recognizing Troy!! We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, good service. Comfortable beds.
Conveniently located near highway and close to shopping area for supplies
Parking price of $18 a night seemed excessive. Had to pay for breakfast where most hotels find it complementary. No microwaves for guests in rooms or even in lobby area

Stayed May 2014
veronica b, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear SurgeonMike,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I apologize if the parking fee took you by surprise that was certainly not our intentions. Our fee is comparable to the parking fees charged around our area. We appreciate your business and hope you come back and visit us again soon.

McKinney, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here with colleagues for a volunteer/business event nearby. Good location with shopping and restaurants within an easy drive.
Rooms were average to slightly above for this type of property. Sleep quality was good and we found the atmosphere to be quiet. Business center had what we needed. Staff was courteous and welcoming.
Lobby and amenities were very nice, including pool area and bar. We arrived early in the day, so we actually got to spend some time on the property enjoying the pool area and having lunch.
Lunch was so tasty that we decided to have dinner there one night during our stay. Pleasantly surprised, as it was better than the average "hotel food." We ate outside on the veranda with a gas fire burning. Quite relaxing.
Good value. Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Nina Trav,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback, please come back to see us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Was in town for two nights, convenient location, easy check in. Even with a wedding going on didn't hear a lot of noise. Gym was small but functional, easy parking, fast free wireless in the room and lobby. Wish the coffee station was out longer in the morning.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Lucky-PHX,

Thank you very much for your gracious feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Nice friendly service. I stayed for 4 nights. Parking was easy to get in and out. When I checked in I was warned that sports teams often stay at this location, so the person checking me in made sure I was not next to one of those room.
Walls can be a little thin. I could hear my neighbors talking in the next room (nothing interesting). The bathroom didn't include lotion. I was looking forward to a foot rub when I got back in.
The areas downstairs in the restaurant are nice. The lounge areas made it easy to work in. WiFi in the hotel was a decent speed. At night it would get a little bogged down.
I would stay here again if I visited the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
veronica b, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Jimi 444,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with your feedback! Please feel free to contact me next time you are planning to visit us again!.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked two rooms for me and my friends and we were staying here for a little vacation. The hotel was fine and I'd probably consider staying here again.

The location was pretty good. I was surprised to find San Diego a bit smaller than I thought it would be but this only benefited me. I had rented a car and when I discovered that parking was going to be $18/day I seriously considered staying some where else! Since most other spots charged for parking too I stuck with the Courtyard. Luckily there is plenty of parking.

Back to the location. It was pretty darn central. I was able to get downtown, to the zoo, the Safari Park north of the city and back to the airport quite easily. We were pretty close to a couple of freeways too. I found a great side street that would take us from the hotel towards downtown and the zoo pretty quickly. I liked this convenience.

The rooms were nice and big. The internet connect which is free worked well and I didn't get any noise from my neighbours - even with one of those adjoining doors. A couple of issued did arise - my friends' room had an dirty couch. They left a note for housekeeping but they didn't remove it. We were on the second floor overlooking the entrance. I had a big window with a nice view of the roof of the overhang for the entrance. I don't really care what I see out my window but I realized that a couple of neighbouring rooms could access my room from the roof if I left my window open. I never felt unsafe but it could be unsettling to others.

The bistro was fine. I had a couple of breakfast items and it was ok. It's good when you something to grab and go. The front desk unfortunately didn't ask me for my Marriott number (I had booked on an external travel agent) even though I had a Marriott Visa so I missed out on some complimentary drink coupons until the morning I was leaving. At check out the manager apologized and gave the complimentary coupons then. I was satisfied with this.

If I'm in San Diego again I would consider staying here.

Room Tip: Sometimes the main elevators are slow (located adjacent to the check in desk) but if you walk furthe...