Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$194
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$347
  • Breakfast included
US$168
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$245
US$162
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$183
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$179
Great 4.5/5
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$325
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmission valleyparking feecourtyard marriotthillcrest areanice hotelold townlobby areabusiness centereasy accesswould stay here againbusiness travelerbusiness tripfitness centerflat screen tvclose to downtownbalboa parkearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family of 6 (4 + in-laws) stayed here in 2 rooms for a graduation and family vacation from 6/10/14-6/13/14. We didn't book our rooms at the same time, so we originally did not have rooms anywhere near each other. However, upon check in, when the clerk discovered that we were not near our family members, she accommodated us by giving us rooms about 5 doors apart on the same floor (no next door rooms were available as SD & this hotel were quite busy this time of year). We have stayed here at least 4 other times (in regular rooms and a suite) over the past few years, and have always been impressed with the cleanliness, staff hospitality, room comfort and grounds maintenance. The beds were comfy, the a/c worked amazingly (and not loud), the shower pressure was phenomenal, the pool/spa were sparkling clean and refreshing (plenty of towels available), the pool lounge area was beautiful (plants & flowers) and relaxing (comfy furniture & umbrellas), the gym was well maintained and clean, the office/computer area was perfect (we printed tickets for free), the cafe serving Starbucks coffee was a Super Bonus (it was brewed perfectly as well, VERY important for coffee lovers paying for high priced coffee), the tv and internet/wifi worked perfect in the room, and most importantly, the room and bathroom were clean and kept up!
The parking fee seems high at this hotel, but after much research it seems to be a fair price for the area (from what I understand this is a city tax they have to pay). The only other thing I wish was different is that there was a free breakfast offered. We travel a lot, and always search for hotels with free breakfast first. However, this hotel is so great, that the lack of free breakfast never deters us to anywhere else in SD. Besides, there's a Denny's just a few blocks away, as well as other eateries. This hotel is also perfectly located for easy on/off the freeway(s) and right down the street from a large shopping center with quite a few restaurants.

P.S. Despite all our traveling, I forgot my shampoo and the littles' toothbrushes! However, the hotel provided complimentary toothbrushes and had amazing Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner in the room, so all was well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 4VacationLvrs
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard SD Mission Valley for two nights in June. The hotel was fairly standard for most Courtyards. Large lobby. This is a busy hotel. The rooms were clean and comfy. I did not read previous reviews, so I was not aware there is a side of the hotel (front) that is facing a freeway. If possible, ask for a room facing the back parking lot, which is the quiet side. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had three vouchers for coffee or drinks in the restaurant/Starbucks, so we opted to take the drink s with us on the road.
LIttle fridge in the room. Lots of mall and other discount shopping near (across the freeway). Large mall with Nordstrom, Macy's etc. Large AMC movie theaters, and lots of chain restaurants as well. Parking is $18 per day, which is a bit steep for a Courtyard, but it was safe and well lit.
Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sundance1
veronica b, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Sundance1,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel and service experience were what you expected! I appreciate your feedback and business. Hope you make the time to visit us again soon!

Veronica Butler
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was quite happy with this hotel when i stayed in San Diego for 10 days in May.....until I stayed at other hotels after it!

This hotel has everything you need - friendly staff, nice rooms, free wifi etc (although the wifi was intermittent and slow), but there are definitely some things lacking and for the price you are much better off staying downtown and paying and extra $10 per night for a 4-5 star hotel (which I did).

The staff, although friendly, did not appear very knowledgeable about very basic things - my mother needed to go see a doctor, and they couldn't tell us anywhere nearby - or far away for that matter. We had to PUSH to get them to even Google something for us and then to call the number for us. They also didn't know the times that the shuttle left to take you to the city tour bus stop in old town - seems like a basic tourist question to me??

The bar and restaurant on site are okay - overpriced of course like all hotels, BUT you can simply walk down the road to Adam's Steak and Eggs for breakfast (which I HIGHLY recommend!) or to other hotels.

Note that this hotel is NOT near any tourist attractions which I had hoped. We spent a LOT of money on taxis going from place to place. If you want to explore downtown San Diego, stay downtown, not here. Hotel Circle is really for those wanting to be closer to the zoo and park, and of course the shopping area.

So overall, it was an okay stay. Definitely hire a car if you are going to stay here. And ask for a room at the back - the road side is VERY noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on the road side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liztiz1
veronica b, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Liztiz1,

Thank you very much for your feedback we appreciate you comments. I do apologize for the lack of attention from my staff, I will be sure to share your comments so we can do better next time. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,

Tel: 619-481-5865
Fax: 619-297-7362
Veronicab@courtyardsd.com

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights due to my husband's business trip. We usually stay in IHG member hotels since hubby is a Platinum card holder but we thought we should try a Marriot hotel for a change. Room was spacious and clean. There is a personal ref which was empty for a change. Coffee brewer was available except there was no free tea bags. I usually like to drink tea after dinner. Ice machine and vending machine is available on every floor. There was no free breakfast but you can buy at their cafe at the lobby. One thing i love was the bed! It was so comfy i slept soundly every night. We found out later its a customize bed for Marriot.
The location is close to fashion mall, you can either walk or take the bus (bus stop is in front of Days Inn hotel). There is no free shuttle. Wifi is free. They also have many areas in the lobby where you can work in. Staff was nice and friendly. The downside is the expensive open parking at $18/ night!

Room Tip: Our room at the 6F was quiet even if its right in front of the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Not much to say about this hotel. If you aren’t a Marriott Rewards card holder, there was a charge to park. WiFi, which we have never had to pay for at any Marriott we have stayed at, was $13.00 for 24 hours or free if you wanted to use it in the lobby downstairs. The room was clean with a king size bed, desk/work space area, coffee maker and refrigerator. The bathroom had a separate vanity/sink area. Our patio claimed to have a “city view” but we actually looked out on a parking lot and a view of the highway so it was noisy with the balcony door open.

We thought since we had an early flight out the next day and this hotel was close to the airport that it would be a good choice. We were wrong in that assumption. People were coming in at all hours of the night, children running down the halls yelling, adults even worse with no consideration for other guests, laughing and talking and slamming doors. At 2:30 a.m. someone either drunk or mistaken, tried to get into our room. And this is one of the more upscale Marriott hotels.

So is this the fault of the hotel management or just inconsiderate thoughtless people? You decide. But if you want a good night’s sleep, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
veronica b, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Sailors Girl,

Thank you very much for staying with us, we appreciate your feedback. Our parking fee is comparable to the fees charged around our area. Please note internet is complementary whether you are in our lobby or in a guest room. We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Veronica.