“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Gran Terraza

La Gran Terraza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gran Terraza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #984 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Linda Vista Road, on the campus of USD
Transit: Linda Vista Road at USD Main Driveway - Bus Morena Trolley Stop within 1 mile
Bonita, California
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have lived in San Diego for years but just discovered this restaurant. It's hidden @ the University of San Diego. First of all it's very elegant and yet very reasonable. They offer both buffet and sit down lunches. They don't serve alcohol at lunch but do after 5 PM. The views of the canyon and the Mediterranean architecture make this dining room very appealing. I had the halibut which was attractively presented with colorful vegetables. My guests had French dip and a Cobb salad which they both enjoyed. Apparently the buffet at lunch is primarily vegan and looked inviting with creme brulee desserts etc. @ $12.95. I will certainly return to try their dinner menu. Valet parking is complimentary @ lunch, another plus.

• Visited March 2012

San Diego, California
“La Gran Terraza is a hidden gem on the USD campus”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Friends invited me to dinner and told that they were going to treat me to a wonderful meal at a beautiful restaurant that was as special as a hidden gem on the USD campus. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered La Gran Terraza which I would not have found on the USD campus had I not been with my friends. I was even more amazed and pleased with the courteous and fast service we received from our waiter, as well as the excellently prepared and delicious appetizer, entree, dessert and glass of house wine that were included with each dinner. What a great deal!

• Visited January 2012
San Diego, CA
“You mustn't miss this hidden gem!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

What a surprise to find a first class restaurant at the University of San Diego in the Linda Vista area of San Diego!!!!! Who would know it's there!!! I sure didn't and I've been living essentially within walking distance of it for several years. If I hadn't seen a billboard on Linda Vista Rd. advertising it, I never would have known. I would describe the food as California cuisine with a continental twist. Truly outstanding food!!! The dining room is very tastefully decorated, the temperature was perfect, nice background music, and then be sure to have Josh wait on you!!! Hope to go back soon!

• Visited November 2011