“Horrible Service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Gran Terraza

La Gran Terraza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gran Terraza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #984 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Linda Vista Road, on the campus of USD
Transit: Linda Vista Road at USD Main Driveway - Bus Morena Trolley Stop within 1 mile
San Diego
“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was a while back (few months ago) we had a big group but we wanted separate checks - we requested separate checks in the beginning of the meal because we know that it would take a while - when we were ready to leave (our waiter, Charles) got pissed off at us because we wanted separate checks. We finally told him fine - let's get one check, we got one bill but the gratuity was charged twice. We had to call the manager and had her fix the bill for us. I like the place, I like the food but Charles sucked!!!

• Visited March 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Got a email from Open Table with the ten best brunches in San Diego, La Gran Terraza was on the list. I was really disappointed. I had Tenderloin Eggs Benedict and Potatoes O'Brien. The Benedict was minuscule, not even enough muffin to sop up the hollandaise and egg yolk. The Potatoes O'Brien was not Potatoes O'Brien. They where some concoction of sweet potato, purple potato, fingerling potatoes, a couple of strips of onion and bell pepper. One member of our party tried but could not eat the potatoes. The gravy and biscuits had no biscuits, but toast. The french toast was so hard my wife could not eat it. We were disappointed to be sure. To be fair, the manager took $50 off our bill and gave us a $20 coupon for our next visit.

• Visited May 2012
San Diego
“Setting, food, and service”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

When we want to have a quiet elagant experience, Evening dinner or Sunday Brunch, our favorite is La ran Terraza.

• Visited April 2012
Bonita, California
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have lived in San Diego for years but just discovered this restaurant. It's hidden @ the University of San Diego. First of all it's very elegant and yet very reasonable. They offer both buffet and sit down lunches. They don't serve alcohol at lunch but do after 5 PM. The views of the canyon and the Mediterranean architecture make this dining room very appealing. I had the halibut which was attractively presented with colorful vegetables. My guests had French dip and a Cobb salad which they both enjoyed. Apparently the buffet at lunch is primarily vegan and looked inviting with creme brulee desserts etc. @ $12.95. I will certainly return to try their dinner menu. Valet parking is complimentary @ lunch, another plus.

• Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“La Gran Terraza is a hidden gem on the USD campus”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Friends invited me to dinner and told that they were going to treat me to a wonderful meal at a beautiful restaurant that was as special as a hidden gem on the USD campus. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered La Gran Terraza which I would not have found on the USD campus had I not been with my friends. I was even more amazed and pleased with the courteous and fast service we received from our waiter, as well as the excellently prepared and delicious appetizer, entree, dessert and glass of house wine that were included with each dinner. What a great deal!

• Visited January 2012