“San Diego and a Perfect Afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bite San Diego

La Jolla Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 91 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're Bite San Diego, America's Finest City's food tour company. Join us on our adventures inside the restaurants that have impacted San Diego's culinary scene. We will lead you on an exploration of the history, roots and reasons San Diego is becoming a food mecca for locals and world travelers alike.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“San Diego and a Perfect Afternoon”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my 1st Bite Tour and I can't wait to book the next. I highly recommend Eddie as a tour guide and will book him for the NorthPark Tour. San Diego on a Saturday afternoon with perfect weather, walking around tasting different foods, how much better can it get?

My youngest daughter bought a Groupon for my husband and I, but I ended up taking my older daughter with me instead. It was really simple to book the tour on line especially if you read the directions and check the calendar prior to requesting your date(s) for available openings.

You receive a confirmation email within 24 hours with all the directional information you will need. Easy

We chose to Bite in the Gaslamp/Little Italy. Eddie as our tour guide was interesting, funny and educated us locals and visitors with facts and stories as we walked to each restaurant at a very leisurely pace.

We started at Royal India on Market with a small plate from their lunch buffet. All the dishes we sampled were tasty and flavorful. Next we sampled 3 types of pizza from Berkeley Pizza. My favorite was the pesto and garlic. Oh, and they serve some great local craft beer here too that goes great with the pizza if you choose to buy - we did. Well from here, we were so stuffed that we really enjoyed and needed the walk to the next stops. Magnolia Tap gave us really great tasting fries and habanero cornbread and we ordered the BEST drinks ever. I had a Murphy's Law with Gin, berries and Ginger Beer and my daughter had a Scallywag which is a Gin and Jalapeno infused Martini. We'll be back to taste other menu items that looked really good. From here, it's to Little Italy for Nutella Desert Pizza at NaPizza. OMG-as full as we were this was too good to pass up. Again, we can't wait to return for more and to try some of their other pizza's and salads that looked amazing. On the weekend they serve a breakfast pizza with a fried egg, bacon, sausage and potato YUM!!

Our final stop was at a small Artisan Chocolate shop where we were served a mandarin dipped chocolate, a perfect ending to the afternoon. The owner is very personable and also told us about her weekend movie night which sounds like fun.

Visited June 2014

Gilbert, Arizona
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Friendly guide, tasty local foods”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My hubby booked this for Fathers Day, so I didn't know what to expect or how busy it would be. Turns out the day was perfect for a walk, and our guide was awesome...friendly, patient, knowledgable. He took great care of us. The only thing that could have made it better is not having a stomach ache! The places chosen were representative of local flavor and history, and he introduced us to all the owners that were around. My fave was the sweet crepe :) My least fave was our start, the fried rice at Ohana. There are better choices at that restaurant. Definitely fun for a change from beach days!

Visited June 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Deliciously inviting!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The tour of the Gaslamp quarter and Little Italy couldn't have been more enjoyable without the company and delightful guidance of our tour guide, Eddie! Not only was the tour very informative, the food we ate along the way was so delicious! Bite San Diego was a pleasant surprise considering I've been on several other food tours in major cities all over the country,

Visited May 2014
Vista, California
“Tour good, stops so-so. Has potential.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Noel did a great job with the tour and was friendly and informative. The highlight of the tour, food wise, was the first stop at the seafood restaurant. The rest of the food places were so-so. The pizza was mediocre and one stop was a candy shop, which was cramped and crowded and unappealable. The gelato was good and the oil store was unique. We we left feeling a bit let down food wise, especially when we had these stops that included sweets. With all the food places in Coronado, hopefully you can get other food places on board with the tours in the future.

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my husband did the food tasting in downtown: Gaslamp and Little Italy. Eddie could not make it that day and Noel was our tour guide. He did a great job. He told us a lot about history, presented town and lovely food. We definitely recommend this. Great experience.

Visited April 2014