“Awesome Experience - A MUST SEE”

National Comedy Theatre
Ranked #2 of 215 Nightlife in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Comedy Theatre is San Diego's nationally acclaimed improv comedy show and the longest running show in the history of the city. Performances every Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 & 9:45 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 p.m.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Really awesome show. I've been about a half dozen times now and every time it has been so funny my cheeks hurt and my abs get a complete workout. I've never been disappointed. We will definitely be back....several times. LOVE this show. Only thing that sucks is the parking - get there EARLY!!!

2  Thank SDLocal2014
in 24 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've gone about 5 times now, and every time is distinctly different. The cast is ON it - they are so quick and so funny, and it's amazing that they can have such originality and humor week after week. The improv show can definitely make fun of itself, and sometimes the audience as well. The audience is an integral part of the show, as they're asked to throw out suggestions. Some players are more amusing than others, but on the whole, the show is AWESOME! And totally worth the $12-$17 ticket price (I believe it's cheaper if you go thurs or Sun nights). I'd recommend going to the earlier show because the more sober the audience is (and the more people there are), the better the suggestions are and the more the players feed off of the crowd enthusiasm. I've been to the "late night" show, which is "no holds barred", and it was definitely funny, but because much of the audience was drunk, the players had little to work with. Honestly, I wish I could take them home with me and watch their comedy every single day, but alas, I have to settle for Whose Line Is It Anyway reruns.

2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was a theater we found on the internet. I expected to see 5 or 6 comedians doing stand up. Instead, it was total improv theater with prompts from the audience. These guys were just incredible. I couldn't believe the quality of the entertainment for the price I paid. I would have paid double . We will definitely return and I recommend this for anyone who wants to be part of an activity that is engaging and riotously funny! Wish they had something as good as this Inland So Cal.

1  Thank Ann K
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I went to the Valentine's Day Show and found ourselves onstage for the first act. Never dreamed we would be the ones married the longest among the entire audience. That earned us the privilege of sharing the history of our courtship. The cast was very funny performing vignettes about our lives with the information we shared. It was so much fun and completely embarrassing. We had a fabulous time and recommend the National Comedy Theater for a fun night out. Well worth the price of admission!

1  Thank Margie H
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I have been going to this little hidden gem for years, once or twice a year, sometimes also with friends. Each show is different, since its contents are almost entirely up to the audience. The quality of the skits varies somewhat, even during the same show, but each show has been very funny and enjoyable. You need to understand how improv comedy works: the actors need to interact with the audience and need to "pull" workable ideas from it, then work them into skits and story lines. The result has always been a GREAT evening. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank FeroxCH