“Great show”

National Comedy Theatre
Ranked #4 of 212 Nightlife in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Comedy Theatre is San Diego's nationally acclaimed improv comedy show and the longest running show in the history of the city. Performances every Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 & 9:45 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 p.m.
Baldwin, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great show”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Went to see the show on our family vacation in San Diego. What a great choice. The cast was really incredibly funny.

Golden, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Fun and Interactive!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I don't know how they do some of the things they do! Improv is on point, funny, definitely a great thing to do in San Diego. If I ever return, I'll definitely be paying the NCT another visit!

1 Thank enmason
New Paltz, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss it.”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We visit San Diego yearly from New York State and even though there are many things we love about the city and see time and time again...we NEVER miss NCT. It is always different and always hits it out of the park. No fear of being "dragged" up to the stage...volunteer, or not. And even though our kids are older now, when they were younger i always appreciated knowing that the show would be "clean".

See it. Bring a hankie.

1 Thank discerningmom
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience - A MUST SEE”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Really awesome show. I've been about a half dozen times now and every time it has been so funny my cheeks hurt and my abs get a complete workout. I've never been disappointed. We will definitely be back....several times. LOVE this show. Only thing that sucks is the parking - get there EARLY!!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank SDLocal2014
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hilarious, totally worth the money!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've gone about 5 times now, and every time is distinctly different. The cast is ON it - they are so quick and so funny, and it's amazing that they can have such originality and humor week after week. The improv show can definitely make fun of itself, and sometimes the audience as well. The audience is an integral part of the show, as they're asked to throw out suggestions. Some players are more amusing than others, but on the whole, the show is AWESOME! And totally worth the $12-$17 ticket price (I believe it's cheaper if you go thurs or Sun nights). I'd recommend going to the earlier show because the more sober the audience is (and the more people there are), the better the suggestions are and the more the players feed off of the crowd enthusiasm. I've been to the "late night" show, which is "no holds barred", and it was definitely funny, but because much of the audience was drunk, the players had little to work with. Honestly, I wish I could take them home with me and watch their comedy every single day, but alas, I have to settle for Whose Line Is It Anyway reruns.

Visited March 2014