“This is a great choice!”

Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar
Ranked #162 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Mexicali, Mexico
“This is a great choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was on my way to L.A. and needed a hotel in the north area of San Diego just to spend the night and be on my way early on the next day. From the moment we got there, felt sorry that we we're not going to be able to spend more time at the hotel. It is new, modern, and clean. The rooms are spacious and also the bathroom, with a large vanity area. ( a plus for 3 women travelling together!) Beds are comfortable, bedding feels like is new. Everything was impeccable.
Complimentary breakfast is a buffet with fresh fruit, eggs, sides, oatmeal, waffle station, cereals, yoghurt, juices and more. Service at breakfast was very good also.
Overall we had a great experience here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I must first compliment the staff on impeccable service. They went above and beyond to accommodate us, were very efficient, polite and went above and beyond to take care of their guests. However, they had no control over the road noise from the near by on ramp.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the noise, we were moved above the pool which was be...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JDG2010
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Alright, when I got to this hotel I had been on the road for 4 months. I had to drive down from Burbank and I just wanted to go home, but still had a few days left and I more site to complete.

I got to the hotel, went up to my room and there was a plate with an apple, banana, peanut butter, crackers and I was STARVING! I was so happy to see this you can't even imagine.

The room doesn't stand out, so it must have been fine. I remember it overlooked the pool.

Now the best part, the restaurant! You cannot beat the happy hour! John is awesome! Food was great and the beer was better. I hope to get back here soon.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LineNoise
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I noticed that this hotel won a few Service Awards in the last few years and I would say that those awards were well deserved. This is a very quiet and clean hotel where all of the staff from the front desk, to the shuttle drivers to the servers in the breakfast bar go beyond expectations...with a smile. The complimentary shuttle was a great bonus that I was not aware of before booking; but I used it several times and I was grateful each time for the service. The shuttle was also excellent value for getting to the airport.The pool looked very inviting but unfortunately my stay was short and I didn't get an opportunity to try it out. Next time...and there will be a next time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BPCGA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel the last week in September and had bed bugs in my room. The staff was very responsive in moving me at 1:45am when I discovered the pests but I did not sleep the remainder of the night.

I took photos of the bugs and emailed them to the general manager but never got a reply. To be certain they were informed I even gave a dead bed bug in a ziplock bag to the front desk. I have no idea if they are taking care of the problem and they do not seem to care that I now am left to try to disinfect my luggage. I'll probably throw out my suitcase just to be certain I have not brought the pests to my home, This is a huge hassle.

Responsive service from the front desk but that can't overcome bed bugs.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank U G
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Located right off I-15 and Miramar Road, this is a perfect location for military or family members visiting Miramar, especially for air shows. Great pool and hottub outside. There is an exercise room, but its pretty weak (only a couple treadmills and an eliptical, no weights in sight.) There is a restaurant inside, but we've always eaten at our favorite places in San Diego, like the Brigantine, Pizza Port, or Karl Strauss. Unfortunately this place has no breakfast whatsoever.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

This took me by surprise since I don't usually stay at Holiday Inns, but my hotel room (at the end of the hallway) was very quiet and clean. It was a king suite with a pull out sofa. Bathroom was big, bright, and nice. Marble countertop? Had a nice cloth bag for the hairdryer in the bathroom.

Front desk was polite and friendly.

Only downside: the maid knocked on my door at 8:15am on a Saturday to see if we wanted maid service and that woke me up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends