“The INN for Holidays”

Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar
Ranked #151 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I am a Hilton guy.But for some reason this week the hotels were ridiculous.
No joke,Hampton Inn had rates for $309.00 a night this week.

I use HI as a back up since you know they are generally updated.
I thought this was a HI express which is more geared for Biz travelers.

Rooms are updated
Soaps,shampoos have been upgraded to a much better brand then before(verbena) coconut lime
Towels pretty good feel.
Mattress felt good as well.

Dining options are the Chinese restaurant attached next door.the little dining room in the hotel is not my style.
If you are hungry after 10pm then get in your car and go down a couple exits to full shopping and restaurants.

If you don't have a car then you will feel like a throwback when eating fast food didn't matter.
Carl's jr or Hardey's. sadly I had to eat there two freakin nights in a row since I decided to eat at 10:pm

Why stay here? Clean, nice staff
Why not? Very limited food options if transportation is an issue

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven N

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked this hotel for its central location in the greater San Diego area. The good reviews it got from other travellers were fully justified. The staff was friendly and did their best to accomodate any requests I had. The hotel is kept very clean and is well maintained. It was nicer than I expected based on other Holiday Inns that I've seen. A breakfast buffet was included in my room rate. The buffet was better than most hotels offer and there was daily variety in what was offered. The wifi worked well and was fairly quick. The hotel is located right off a highway, which my room was facing, but I didn't hear any noise from the road. Having such easy access to the highway was a plus for getting around. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and always forget what a great value it is. The rooms are recently renovated and clean. WiFi is free and it includes a breakfast daily. Parking is also included which saves me money as well. The staff was incredibly nice and always welcomed me back to the hotel when I entered and said something nice as I left.

The location is not the best because there is not much nearby as far as restaurants or activities but if you dont mind driving a little to find these things, there is no issue.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Cathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us once again. I appreciate you taking the time to post a positive review of your stay. On your next visit be sure to ask the front desk agent for some restaurant recommendations for nearby restaurants. There are plenty and most are within our complimentary shuttle range.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

This hotel is in a good location and the facility is in good condition. The bedding I found to be a bit threadbare,with pilling of the sheets and pillowcases,off putting. A reaonable San Diego area value; The staff was very hospitable and very consistent in inquiring of your satisfaction,an appreciated focus. When all was said and done....just an ok experience. View from the window the F14's and Ospreys from Miramar airbase was awesome.

Room Tip: Noisy on the Highway 15 side. Request room on the interior side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear gary c,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you on your next visit.

Joel B

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Staff was extremely helpful on all fronts. Room, bathrooms & dining area were all very clean. Breakfast was the best Holiday Inn breakfast we have ever had - why don't more hotels don't have good bacon and waffle makers??. Multiple restaurants minutes away. Rooms were very quiet. Parking was a little tight, just very limited space between the rows.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My review is calling this hotel pretty good, not great just because of the front desk help. The front desk personel needs some training on common courtesy. During our stay we woke to find we had no hot water. This kind of thing happens and that is understandable but after I called and let them know she said maintenance was there and would check it out right away. I was there on a business trip and needed to get to an appointment. After waiting 15-20 min and continually checking I waited for their call to let me know it had been fixed. No callever came
but after about 40 minutes I checked and found it had been fixed but never got a call. Trivial? Yes, but very inconvenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KenVC_11
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear KenVC_11,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted out. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Booked blindly through Hotwire. Room was warm and musty upon check-in. No chair at the desk and an oily stain on the love seat. Refrigerator was "off". No ventilation/fan in the bathroom. No way to crack open the window.

Never could connect to the Internet. Front desk had me call tech support and after a half hour on the phone still not working. Went to front desk and asked for my money back and was told no can do. I asked if they had a sister hotel and they do 10 miles north. Would not allow me to switch - and this was about midnight.

The young man at the desk was good and polite but seemed very unexperienced and did bot have the autonomy to make things right.

Will contact the Management company to file an official complaint.

Property looks very nice from the outside but there is alot of wear and tear in the room. Very cheap fixtures. TV was very limited.

Had to use business center for work on the computer and it was freezing cold.

Breakfast was standard buffet with nice help.

All in all a pretty lousy experience.

Room Tip: Avoid room 105 ---- musty and stinky...as are the hallways.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 808alldaykb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear 808alldaykb,